Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor on Windows 8

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Zoltan78
17644 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor on Windows 8

Hi!

I was trying to install AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2013 LT Trial (x64) on Windows 8 RP yesterday when installation failed. I don't have the log now but the reason was .NET 4 or its language pack. dotNET 4 is a part of Windows 8 now, so any workaround?

Thanks,

Zoltan

Software: Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
CPU: Core i5-8600K
RAM: 2*8Gb
VGA: GTX 3070
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
stephengibson76
in reply to: Zoltan78
Message 3 of 7
Zoltan78
in reply to: stephengibson76

Thanks, it works now.

Zoltan

Message 4 of 7
stephengibson76

I'd be interested in your results, I dont have the time for testing at the moment but we have a couple of new lenovo convertable laptop tabs and a samsung tab we are running windows 8 on.

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 5 of 7
Zoltan78
in reply to: stephengibson76

I have installed everything in Inventor Suite LT 2013 and does work. However, both Inventor and Autocad are very unstable, I've got two access violation error message within 10 minutes. Doing real work in such circumstances is really a pain in the ****. Based on what 2013 versions doing, I won't bet on older versions.

BTW I attached my setup.ini. I have deleted all DOTNET prerequisition. I didn't delete DOTNET sections between the begin and end comments because it ended in "missing DOTNET20 line" (os something like this) error message, so I deleted the prerequisition only.

Zoltan

Message 6 of 7
MuchlisP

i have installed autodesk inventor professional 2013 on windows 8 , there is no problem with the installation proccess and finish well. but when i try to go to mold design environment the ribbon tab is not appear. i have checked the add ins manager and i saw it loaded.

please help to solve this issue ,

thanks

Message 7 of 7
cbduffeck

Hello

I installed Autocad InventorLT 2013 on a new computer that is currently running Windows 8.1.

I can open the Autocad LT, DWGand the Sketchbook programs. But the Inventor LT program does not start. CGive a (0xc0000142) error, Or "the application was unable to start. I tried running in Compatability mod Windows 7. No luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled same thing.

Any suggestions?

Chuck

CB Duffeck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report