Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor not installing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
cojelmer
8355 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor not installing

Installation complete some products failed to install (everything)

"brwoser download" stuck half way extracting

"download now" abored

All three methods are not working.

windows 7 64-bit

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: cojelmer

What are your laptop spec including HD capacity.

Is it possible you don't have enough disk space?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 11

Hi cojelmer,

You might search the Installation & Licensing forum. Autodesk staff monitor that forum, so it's generally a good place to find installation solutions.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 11
JDMather

@cojelmer wrote:

Installation complete some products failed to install (everything)

Thanks

My guess is that you will have to start over from the beginning (cleaning up your first attempt).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean uninstall.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Clean Install
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17955581&linkID=9240617

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
cojelmer
in reply to: Cadmanto

300+ gb ntfs

intel core i7-3632QM 2.2Ghz

amd radeon HD 7600M

windows 7 ultimate

Message 6 of 11
blair

After you run the ADSK uninstall utility, download and run ccleaner.com you can get it from www.ccleaner.com

This will clean all your TMP and Cache directories as well.

Make sure you have Admin privileges on your laptop to install Inventor and the UAC slider is set to it's lowest position

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 11
Paul-Mason
in reply to: blair

In addition to running the clean installer, and Cleaner, I would also manually check for and delete any IV 2014 files that may have been left behind. To do this :-

Start up windows explore

1) Go to  tools in the menu and select folder options then the view tab in here select "show hidden files, folder,and drives" say yes at any prompts

2) Now navigate to the user profiles, in here go through each one of the profiles shown and delete ALL entries for Inventor 2014, in fact when your in the temp directory that is normally hidden clear everything out.

3) Got to C:\Windows\Temp delete all the files in here, you may not be able to delete some due to them being in uses if this happens just click skip.

4) Go to C:\Program Files delete the ALL the Autodesk 2014 files

5) Go to C:\ProgramData delete the ALL the Autodesk 2014 files

6) In the Laptop HD properties make sure that "Compress this drive to save space" is UNCHECKED

Now try installing IV, from the already extracted/expanded files on your external HD

I would also suggest that you try downloading again to a different computer, extract/expand the files to the Same HD as you have downloaded to, transfer the extracted/expanded files to a external HD with about 150GB spare capacity, install to your lap top from this external HD. This way you have both a backup installation and plenty of space on your destination HD

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 8 of 11
cojelmer

I am copying downloaded files from my pc to my laptop right now I will see hoe this will work out I hop for the best of that isn't working then I will try to delete all the temp files and previously installed files.

By the way have you checked by the attachments I have included in the original post especially the .txt file?

Message 9 of 11
JDMather

@cojelmer wrote:

By the way have you checked by the attachments I have included in the original post especially the .txt file?

You are asking this question in the wrong forum.
See Post #3 in this thread for the link to the Installation forum.

You are likely to get more attention to the problem over there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 11

@cojelmer wrote:

Hi cojelmer,

The setup log that you attached reads:

2013/10/9:17:29:47    Jelmer    JELMER-LAPTOP    You are attempting to use a 32-bit installer on a 64-bit operating system.

Please exit and use the 64-bit installer available from your installation media or from Autodesk.com.2013/10/9:17:29:53    Jelmer    JELMER-LAPTOP    === Setup ended ===

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 11 of 11
cojelmer

If you look wil in my log file you will notice that I tried many things. This includes an 32-bit installer at some point. But I have tried with an 64 bit installer most of the time.

If you press Ctrl+f and search "Decompressing failed" You will notice this is my main problem.

By the way I did managed to solve it.

I downloaded the setup on an other computer and copied the files to an external hard drive. I then plugged the external hard drive in to my guilty laptop(specs are given) and installed from my external hard drive. This seems to work and Inventor seems to launch.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report