Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVENTOR NOT DOWNLOADING FILES FROM VAULT FOR A ASSEMBLY

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dbsbryce
447 Views, 3 Replies

INVENTOR NOT DOWNLOADING FILES FROM VAULT FOR A ASSEMBLY

I'M USING AUTODESK INVENTOR AND VAULT 2015. I HAVE JUST RECEIVED VAULT PROFESSIONAL AND AM WORKING ON IMPUTING AN ASSEMBLY INTO VAULT. MY CONTENT CENTER PARTS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ENTERED INTO VAULT. WHEN I ATTEMPT TO OPEN A ASSEMBLY THAT IS IN MY WORKING FOLDER(NOT YET IN VAULT) USING INVENTOR I WILL BE ASKED IF I WANT THE MISSING FILES FOR THE ASSEMBLY TO BE DOWNLOADED FROM VAULT TO THE PROJECT FOLDER. WHEN I SAY YES IT STILL ASK ME TO LOCATE THE PARTS THAT ARE LOCATED IN THE CONTENT CENTER(IN VAULT). NOTE: I AM NOT USING THE BUILT IN CONTENT CENTER. I JUST NAMED MY FOLDER "CONTENT CENTER." MY CONTENT CENTER FOLDER APPEARS TO BE IN THE PROJECT FOLDER PATH SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT I AM MISSING HERE. SO RIGHT NOW I HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADING THE NEEDED CONTENT FILES AS IT ASKS FOR THEM. IT CAN BE A PRETTY LENGTHY PROCESS. HOW CAN I GET IT TO DOWNLOAD ALL THE FILES THE ASSEMBLY NEEDS FROM VAULT?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bob_holland
in reply to: dbsbryce

jdavisdbs,

Is this a new implementation of Vault?

In general, an assembly remembers the path that was used fro a placed part.

If you update the assembly to find the files that you have brought out of vault and then check that assembly into vault and then back out does it still fail?

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 4
dbsbryce
in reply to: bob_holland

This is a new implementation to vault.

I had a new assembly with new parts. All of them were saved in the working folder in a specific folder. The assembly was saved and I closed out the assembly and opened it back up to check for any failed paths. I had no failures. I checked it into vault, released it and tried to check it back out. I had failed paths. 

Message 4 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: dbsbryce

Under Tools> Applications options >Content Center Tab, do you have Autodesk Vault server selected, or the location of your "Content Center" files?  Show a clip of your Vault browser tree where the CC files are.

Is the path for Vaults working folder set correctly?  In Vault, right-click on Project Explorer ($) and select "Details". Just so that you can tell where the parts are going to in your workspace, in Vault Explorer, go to Tools>Options, and check the "Show working folder location".  You will now see the file path in the header bar in VAult explorer.  It sounds like this is different that what you expect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums