Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Network Installation Errors

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
875 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor Network Installation Errors

Recently had Inventor 2015 installed on my school network but have errors on startup. My assumption is it looking files on the server which it cant find. When I click 'New' I see no parts, drawing, assembly template files in the dialog box. I have attached a picture which shows the templates (outlined in red) but these dont exist on the network installation of the software. The image is from a standalone installation on my school laptop.

I am obviously not the one to perform the installation as our ICT Technicians handle all this!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Yarboroughdt

Welcome to the forum

Can you provide additional information regarding the error message you are receiving when Inventor is launched?

Regards

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. There are anumber of errors when Inventor loads which I will try and explain below.

Click on Icon and the splash screen loads fine, we then get a dialog box appear about Desktop Analystics Program with an 'OK' button, which we click.

Then a dialog box appears saying "Warnign: The followign files have been modified and cannot be loaded. Please restore the original files or reinstall Autodesk Inventor C:\Users\Public\Documents\SAutodesk\Inventor2015\WebBrowser\Homebase.html, quite a long list of .css and .js files (I wont list them all here)

I click 'OK'

If I go to create a project I get the following error.

Te following projects could not be found on disk. You may experience performance issues when seraching them. Click OK, Inventor will not serach these projects next time

C:\Users\Public\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Default.ipj

C:\Users\Public\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Interactive Tutorial|Interactive Tutorials.ipj

I click 'OK'

I can then create a new sinlg euser project, give it a name and it will cerate it in the students H drive. If i click the new button (page with bent corner) the dialog opens but the areas under Part, Assembly, Drawing and Presentation are empty in the create new file dialog box.

I have copied the part template file Standard.ipt onto a drive that the students can also access (G:\) to make a work around so they can open this file and begin creating their part - obviously i get the error that it is not in the active project.

I then get an error dialog box which again gives a list 24 errors about missing .xml files.

I also noticed yesterday that I am unable to change the Generic material property of the part, rather than having to change all faces to the same colour the Autodesk Material Library will not load.

Sorry for the long post.

I wonder if it is better to uninstall the whole thing and start again.

I think the ICT Techs have installed it on a single machine and imaged the machine onto the 30 PC's in the CAD suite. Obviously the program is not installed locally but is pintin to locations on the server and locally (for saves and undos) which I think could be causing the issue.

I am really keen to get this working ASAP as I would like to start some serious use of the program to feed our laser and 3D printer!

Cheers

Pete

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

Pete

In Inventor 2015, select tools, applications options, and the files tab.   What are the settings for Default templates, Design Data, Default Content Center Files, and Projects Folder?  It might be easier to take a screen shot of that tab and attach it here.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

Pete..

At this point It might be easier just to uninstall and reinstall the software.   You could spend "X" amout of time troubleshooting this problem and be no farther ahead than redoing the installation.

But I would recommend performing a clean uninstall per this link:   http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Mark Lancaster

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Please find attached the request options image

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

If we go along the lines of a clean install how lon gwould this take. I have started a project with a year group which I do not want to have to stop due to the program being reinstalled. Is there a helpline/someone the Technicians could speak to in relation to the issues as they have said they have tried several times from a couple of different guides?

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Can anyone point me in the direction of a network install guide for Inventor 2015 so I can try and get this sorted ASAP please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report