Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor.msi missing on install

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
seismicsource
12429 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor.msi missing on install

I installed from a flash drive and the msi file is not present. Help. I can't patch all the bugs without it.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: seismicsource

Hi Seismicsource,

Plug the flash drive back in and browse to the MSI file, when you are apply the patch.

I'm guessing it it was a Product design suite and / or  Factory Design Suite.

I have the path for the 2014 Product design suite so it will be different if you have Factory design suite.

if you have PRDSU, PrDSP, PRDSS, in 2013 or 2014 It will be very similar (or the same...LOL).

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_PRDSU_2014_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\Inventor\ Inventor.msi

Mine was from a download and is on my C:drive.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 3 of 7
seismicsource
in reply to: Anonymous

I found an inventor install package I could use but when I tried to use the update again it didn't get as far and says Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. it didn't say this before today.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi I have just installed autodesk autocad, wanting to download autodesk inventor and by mistake i delete inventor.msi file. How can i resume my download by rectifying my mistake?

Message 5 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

What version of Inventor are you trying to install?  Are you downloading for your Autodesk Account?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have made an account in autodesk so they offered me student version of complete suite for 3 years. But unfortunately my small brother have deleted inventor.msi file by mistake. So can i get this file again so that i can download my suite.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I had the same problem and once I found that file there were multiple others that popped up missing. I simply went into the Programs and Features and clicked to REPAIR Inventor. It worked like a charm!

For those who don't know where that is:

1) Right click the Windows Button

2) Go to the top to Programs and Features

3) Find Autodesk Inventor in the list and click it 

4) Click uninstall/change at the top

5) When Inventor window opens select Repair or Reinstall

6) If it asks, click Repair and confirm

I rebooted to make sure everything was good and it was. I was able to run without any warnings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report