Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor make some mysterious file saving

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Passi
198 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor make some mysterious file saving

Hi,

I created some Inventor iLogic Parts. These parts get a new filename, when inserted into an assembly. I use the trigger "after open Document" for it. So the files are saved as a new file to the Harddrive.

And that works, the new inserted files are saved on the harddrive with the correct filename. 

When I save the Assembly I got the correct files on the screen in the dialog to choose, which files has to be saved first time.

But when I click on Save, the files are renamed into the master model name of the origin iLogic model.

That's not normal. I changed nothing on my system, but since 2 hours, it doesn't work normal. Another PC works correctly. So I think, it's a setting of Inventor.

Try to make a video of it. But it's to big, to attach to this posting.

I don't understand where's the difference between the both (By the way. Another PC has also the problem, and

another one, is also working well. It's very confusing in the moment)

I hope somebody can help me.

Best Regards

Passi 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Passi
in reply to: Passi

I dscovered something could be useful, to find the reason for this strange behaviour.

The iLogic controled part, I inserted into my assembly has no problems, when I open it directly from local drive. It has only the Problems, when I try to open it out of Vault. 

On the PC's without Problems, there's no difference between opening it directly out of vault or as a local copy on local drive.

The only difference between the both is: 64bit Win7 makes Problems, 32bit WIN XP makes no Problems.

Best Regards

Passi 

Message 3 of 3
Passi
in reply to: Passi

Strange but true...

The Project File of a french colleague was the reason for this strange behaviour.

I opened it, shortly before the strange behaviour starts.

Now, I reinstalled my Inventor and everything is working well again.

Best Regards

Passi 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report