Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor LT 2010 Network license

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
MatthewVeivers
794 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor LT 2010 Network license

Can Inventor LT be installed as a network license like the full version of Inventor 2010, or is it only available as a standalone intallation.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mflayler2
in reply to: MatthewVeivers

Inventor LT is only standalone not networkable:

FLEXnet feature codes for the license manager for 2010: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=13219652&linkID=9261340

It also does not take part in cascading or dynamic licensing.

Mark Flayler

Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
Blog: www.rand.com/imaginit/manufacturingBlog

Partner Certified, Inventor Certified Expert

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Only if you open a Global or Regional Network license agreement direct thru AutoDesk (not available via Reseller).  There is a 50 Inventor LT license minimum.

Message 4 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

i don't think that is true because you still can't install inventor lt as a network license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I'm going through the process right now with AutoDesk so I think I have a pretty good idea otherwise I would not have posted it. I'm not here to dish out BS.  Apparently it's not something that AutoDesk advertises.

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

fair enough

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
mflayler2

Actually, Inventor LT 2012 can be installed with NLM without hitting a 50 seat minium.  What cannot be NLM is the Inventor LT Suite that includes ACAD LT.

Inventor LT 2012 can also now be installed alongside normal Inventor 2012 because they fixed the registry so that they don't use the same keys anymore.

Yay! Options!

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 8 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: mflayler2

i just noticed that you can install Inventor lt as a network wonder why they haven't done it with autocad lt

why would you need both Inventor LT & Inventor on one machine?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
mflayler2

So you do not tie up an expensive license just to open a part file and modify it or do a detail drawing.  This is a case for a large amount of Inventor seats with designated personas performing certail tasks of design or modification.  Saves on the overhead.

What costs more, 50 seats of Product Design Suite Ultimate

or

30 Seats of Ultimate, 10 of Premium, and 10 of LT for the designated users in the pool.

Message 10 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: mflayler2

point taken

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report