Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor kept crashing, now installation is crashing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
coolhandluke811
225 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor kept crashing, now installation is crashing

Hello!

So I opened Inventor earlier today and whenever I clicked the right button on the mouse, Inventor crashed.

I have managed to uninstall it, as well as all but Vault and recap.

Now I am trying to reinstall it, but everytime I get to the "Install" or "Install tools" page (after initiallizing) it crashes after I click either option....

So what do I do? I need Inventor for a project due at the end of the week.

Thanks

-Luke

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi!

You undersyand that, in normal conditions, inventor will install and work, so maybe the problem is in your PC.

It's better you give some more information:

Inventor version?

Operating System?

RAM?

Graphics Card?

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 4

Luke,

Welcome to the forums.

Did you install from a suite.

If so, it is a 2014 product, we provide you with a tool called "Uninstall Tool".

Please try this and send us an update.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 4

It was wrong of me not to provide more details earlier regarding my system and such, my apologies.

I was able to fix my problem earlier today with some tinkering.

I was having issues across all my autodesk software, including the uninstall tool itself. Whenever I tried to run something it would crash. This software had worked problem free for me since May(ish)

I don't know where my problem originated from, but I believe it to either have been McAfee (don't know how this got on my laptop) Security or Avast.

These were the steps to my solution:

1.) downloading a third party uninstall tool and removed Mcafee and as much Autodesk software as possible

2.) this proved futile, so I restored my computer to it's settings as of 10/27/13

still no good

3.) I rerestored my computer to around 10/1/13, and was able to run the autodesk inventor install/uninstall tool

4.) I tried to "reinstall", got nothing, then "repair" , nothing again, then I just tried "install" and now balance is restored.

Thank you anyway!

Luke

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report