Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor is re-registering and needs to complete

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vidit_patel
5900 Views, 6 Replies

inventor is re-registering and needs to complete

inventor is reregistering and needs to complete registration before this program can run .please close inventor so it can complete reregistration before running this program.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: vidit_patel

Which version ... My suggestion is restart start the machine. Go to you Task Manager and make sure that there are NO Inventor.exe running ... The Right Mouse Button on the Inventor icon and click Run as Administrator. That should get your all re-registered

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you certain that your serial number is valid?

You might want to comtact your VAR to see about this issue.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
dkilburn2
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have encountered this with Inventor Profession 2015 on a set of servers that I grant my users terminal services connections.  It wants to reregister for each user within their own profile, but I have multiple users per server.  How can I reregister the software at the machine level so that the users are not prompted for this at all?

Message 5 of 7
ampster401
in reply to: dkilburn2

@dkilburn2 wrote:

I have encountered this with Inventor Profession 2015 on a set of servers that I grant my users terminal services connections.  It wants to reregister for each user within their own profile, but I have multiple users per server.  How can I reregister the software at the machine level so that the users are not prompted for this at all?

Terminal Services, that would be questionable regarding the EULA depending on how you have it setup.

I'd suggest posting over in the Installation and Licensing forum to perhaps get the proper attention you'll need for this setup and questions;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24

Message 6 of 7
ampster401

@vidit_patel wrote:

inventor is reregistering and needs to complete registration before this program can run .please close inventor so it can complete reregistration before running this program.

old post but it hasn't been mentioned yet, if you have two versions of Inventor installed and run one version then exit that version and start up the other version, you will see this msg each time.

Although I have to say I don't see it very often anymore running 2013 and 2014 on same pc.

Message 7 of 7
dkilburn2
in reply to: ampster401

We've consulted with AutoDesk prior to this implementation because we are an educational institution and wanted to Educational licensing for Citrix Ready Products.  I said Terminal Services connections to try and avoid some confusion, but we're really using Citrix XenApp 6.5 to deliver the application, so its really an ICA session.  We're covered under our licensing and use a network license server.

This only started occuring after installing SP1 for Inventor.  No other AutoDesk installations had been on these servers prior to installing Inventor 2015 Pro.  We were running into some other issues so I thought I should install SP1.  That is what has brought on the re-registration.  I can see in the registry where it is monitoring the version, but I need it to take effect computer wide, not user profile specific. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report