Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor iLogic Rules Automation Assistance

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mwhitten2014
327 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor iLogic Rules Automation Assistance

Hello,

I have several rules in a model that I would like to have run continuously.  How would I achieve this?  Under the Options tab of edit rule, I see the following:

rules_settings.PNG

What I see here is that the rule gets run when I actually open up the rule and then hit okay.  Then the rule runs.  Prior to that, it does not run.

Very frustrating.

thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: mwhitten2014

Hi, Matt.  Welcome to the forum!

iLogic rules really shouldn't be run continuously since you can't do anything else while a rule is running.  So, I assume you mean you want the rule to run automatically under certain conditions, not just when you click OK in the editor.  If this is true, there are several things you can do.

By default, if a parameter is used in a rule, the rule will detect when the value of that parameter changes and will run.  Also, there are "event triggers" that will detect other events and fire specified rules (see the image below).

Event Triggers.png

There are VB ways to program other event triggers, but it's pretty complicated (and beyond my experience).  However, I have used iLogic for quite a lot of things and have never needed anything more than the built-in event triggers.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 3
mwhitten2014
in reply to: cwhetten

Cameron,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I finally got it to update (after clicking the update icon) by putting event triggers in the model.

I appreciate the assistance.

Sincerely,

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report