Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor idw drawing file style setting transfer to other drawings

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
AhmetSevik
3388 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor idw drawing file style setting transfer to other drawings

Hello,

I change somethin on my drawing templates. Dimension styles, hatching etc.

I saved this new template but, also i want to transfer this new stayle settigns to other my older drawings. I try to use Drawing resource transfer applications but this only transfer which is in left browsers items (symbols, borders or etc.) 

For example, i changed show dimesion leading zero and trailing zero style at style and standart editors . I dont want to se 0(zero) before digits. I changed on temğlate but also i want to transfer this new setting to my older idw files. 

How can i transfer also my new drawing styles to older drawings?

Thank you...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: AhmetSevik

OK so once you have saved that style in your template > Right click on the style and save it (For eg Desktop)

In one of the old drawings go to "Styles Editor" > At the bottom left of the dialog box select "Import" > Browse to your Desktop and select the .styxml file you have exported earlier. And your style will appear in the old drawings.

Unfortunately you will have to import the .styxml file into all the drawings

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 13
AhmetSevik
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hello JoAnn,
Thank you for your answer. But this didint help me.

Actualy i want one soluiton like tranfer style to others quickly. Your soluton can help me to move style to other computer i think.
But i want one solution to my other idw files.. not to other computer.
maybe 500-1000 idw files i have, if i will do in your way than i will lost lot of time. I wished to this transfer with one button or with one command.
I found one solution with otherway.
Now i change my template idw files. And when i open older idw files, i click on Manage/styles update then select button "yes to all" and click ok. Then new template style settinf applaying to this file too.
But for this i have to open all older idw files one by one. lot of time...
I need solution with one command like drawing resourse transfer wizard.
Thank you again.

Message 4 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

Export and Import are also used for different drawings, Not just computers.

Maybe have a look at the Task Scheduler. Start > Programs > Autodesk > Inventor 2014 > Task Scheduler

Please see attachment

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 13
AhmetSevik

JoAnn,

I found this task schuduler, but i didn't understand how i will do this. Becasue i dont see anywehere about style update update.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

OK so task scheduler only imports files. Sorry for the confusion there. 

Unfortunately you will have to change this for each drawing. There is no "Batch Import" option.

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 13

This Add-In might help. I have used it on a 'per drawing' basis (one at a time) but the second post in the forum (below) indicates that this may be able to be automated.

karthur said "I was able to run a "Migrate" task with the Autodesk Task Scheduler and migrate my idw's and add in my new template all in the same task. "

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 8 of 13

Hi Brendan,

I tried migration selection as you wrote here. But i couldn't success. Styles and standart settings don't transfer to other in this way. 

Thank you for you post and advice...

Message 9 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

Please have a look at this link indicating how to migrate your styles: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/factory-design-suite/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcart...

or if that doesn't work have a look at this link: http://www.inventortales.com/2013/04/migrating-styles-to-autodesk-inventor.html

I would still suggest export and import. But the first link is a suggestion from Autodesk

Jo - Ann
Message 10 of 13
AhmetSevik

Hi JoAnn,

I tried what you said.

But, we understand each other wrong i think. You talking about to transfer all settings to somewhere. I mean, your advice to present,  transfer setting to other location like a file (in this situation a *.xml file)..

But i want to applyy new setting to my older idw files automaticly. I success trasfer setting file to other location but only transfer. This dont help me for to do aplly my older idw files. 

Thank you...

Message 11 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

But like I said in my previous post. You will go to the template, Export the style you have created (Which creates a .styxml file). Go to your old drawing and import that .styxml file.

I have tried it and it works perfectly. But you have to do it for each drawing. There is no batch import option. Your are saving the .styxml so that you can RE-USE it in your old drawings

Jo - Ann
Message 12 of 13
AhmetSevik

Yes You are right, your previous post, is solved my problem. But as you said, i want to do all my older idw file automaticly. All of them with one command. And again as you said, no have batch solution.

In this case, i want to say that i have one more solution for this. Not batch way but i can update every single file to update with Managae/ Style and standarts/ update.. one by one. I solve for now without transfer anythign.

I wished to solve with batch way.

Thank you JoAnn...

Message 13 of 13
JoAnn_Hogan

Regarding the batch import, please have a look at this link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Purge-Import-Style-batch/td-p/1265255

The answer came from Autodesk.

Also have a look at this PDF from page 9: http://www.widom-assoc.com/382_MA22-2.pdf

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report