Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor iAssemblies - Assembly Hole features not updating

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
564 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor iAssemblies - Assembly Hole features not updating

I have made an iAssembly with a main body and flanges attached to the body.

Assembly feature holes have been created act on the main body, and these holes are relative to the position of the flange.

When I change the factory member - the position of the flange changes, but the holes stay in the last location and so the model is wrong.

The only way to overcome this error, is if I go to the Manage tab and manually select 'Rebuild All'.

Is there an update to fix this, or has anyone found a 'workaround'?

I need this to work automatically as drawings are generated wrong when changing model state. 

My intention is that this will be used in an iLogic routine, linked to an external sales package.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

The hole was created by projecting the flange geometry? Maybe it's better create the holes in the main part directly, make parameters for positioning the hole in the main part (the blue part).

Also, using of iAssembly and iLogic can be a little tricky, so, think about transform this iAssembly in one iLogic Assembly.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

The hole was created using the 'On point' method, using the Origin Centre Point of the Flange, the assembly Y axis as the direction, and the assembly XZ plane as the hole termination.

It wouldn't be an option to place the holes before assembly, as this defeats the object of the exercise, the Blue Body part is a casting with a unique part number.  The operation of drilling and welding flanges, generates new part numbers, and the hole positions (and sizes) are defined by the flanges.

Regarding iLogic, I am looking to move into using iLogic to control the assembly, but first need to get iAssemblies up and running to prove the concept to the managment.  The end result will be iLogic assemblies generated and driven by an external sales package (called E-sales).

{All parts in this iAssembly are iParts}

Cheers

Ben

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

The hole was created using the 'On point' method, using the Origin Centre Point of the Flange, the assembly Y axis as the direction, and the assembly XZ plane as the hole termination.

It wouldn't be an option to place the holes before assembly, as this defeats the object of the exercise, the Blue Body part is a casting with a unique part number.  The operation of drilling and welding flanges, generates new part numbers, and the hole positions (and sizes) are defined by the flanges.

Regarding iLogic, I am looking to move into using iLogic to control the assembly, but first need to get iAssemblies up and running to prove the concept to the managment.  The end result will be iLogic assemblies generated and driven by an external sales package (called E-sales).

{All parts in this iAssembly are iParts}

Cheers

Ben

Message 5 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I understand your workflow... But, in that case you have to use "Rebuild All" to update the the hole in the new member.

Follow the tree:

first compute the Assembly hole... Next you have a member change.. so... you have to come on top and compute the hole again... that's what "Rebuild All" do.

If you use iLogic, you will have "automatic" rebuild all, so don't worry.

For now, place the "Rebuild All" in the Main Tab... you will use it a lot Smiley Happy

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report