Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Hatch Patterns Skewed in Section View

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
604 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Hatch Patterns Skewed in Section View

All,

I am working on an assembly model and am learning to use the hatch patterns tied to materials, which I believe I have set up correctly.  When I create a section cut of my assembly, I see the hatch patterns skewed in all sorts of different angular orientations.  For example, in the screen shot below, all of these aluminum supports should be the same orientation, but are different from each other, and I would have expected angles of .  There is probably a setting somewhere that I cannot put my finger on, so if someone could direct me to it, I would really appreciate it.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks in advance for any help and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Hatch Pattern.png

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: petestrycharske

The general practice is for each part in an assembly to have hatch at a different angle.

But hard to tell from your small image.

I would probably use a less dense hatch and that doesn't look like aluminum hatch to me?

If I were to look at that (without any other views as cues) and all the hatch was same angle, I would assume one part with a section plane that cuts the part in 4 locations.

Other views might give additional information that clearly shows these are different parts and it might be aesthically pleasing to have all the same angle (especially since they are not side-by-side without any separation).  In that case - you will need to edit the angles to have them match, as Inventor is going to automatically place at different angles for different parts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
petestrycharske
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

Sorry for the small screen shot, looked bigger on my screen, but the hatches are all at different angles.  Anyway, I am not a professional drafter, so if that is the correct conventional behavior, then I am okay with that and learned something new.  You are probably correct about the aluminum hatch, as I just grabbed something quick.  When I am officially setting this up, I will double check and make sure I use conventional hatching.  Thanks for the information and have a most blessed day!

ps. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to keep all the hatching at the same angle for the same material?

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report