Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Harness Sketch Problems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sbachar
305 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Harness Sketch Problems

Hi,

After a lot of work I succesfully designed a harness with Inventor. Everything almost looks fine but from some point on after I have the little red + with many sketch errors related to my harness assembly. Normally I can handle these sketch problems but with harness assy I cannot edit these sketches. Does someone had these same issues? Is there a possibility to edit harness building sketches?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: sbachar

sketches? with a harness?

I've done hundreds of harnesses and never done a single sketch for it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
sbachar
in reply to: mcgyvr

I didn't do the sketches. After working on a harness, Inventor created errors on harness assy sketches. Attached a picture with the errors. Probobly errors created internally by Inventor for some reason...

sketch_prob.jpg

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: sbachar

have you tried a rebuild all?

I've never seen that before.. 

did you turn off adaptive on the harness and move stuff or something?

Personally I'd just delete and recreate.. You (or inventor) clearly screwed something up in the process. 

Did you already create "pins" on each of your connectors in their ipt files?

It should be as simple as create harness..create wires..pick the pins (that are already created in each connectors ipt file), then create the segments and route the wires into the segments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
sbachar
in reply to: mcgyvr

I think you are right, I think I turned off adaptivity at some point and this was the reason. I screwed it....

-:)))

Thanks....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums