Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor goes blank and not responding

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
700 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor goes blank and not responding

Hi,

We are seeing lot of performance issues with Inventor 2013 SP2, especially when trying to add assembly into assembly.

I am trying to add an assembly (138MB, 780files) into a newly created assembly (new/blank file).

Sometimes it crashes when creating BOM.

Machine details:

Win7 64Bit OS

8GB Ram

i7 – 2640 @ 2.8GHz Processor

NVIDA Quadro 3000M

Thanks - Vishal

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum!

Do you get the Crash Report screen when your Inventor crashes?  The best thing you could do would be to send the error report when your system crashes like that.  This way someone form Autodesk can look at your issues, and contact you to help you solve it.

Without a lot more information, there's isn't much we can do here.  Can you post your system specs, and maybe a short description of the workflow you are using when you see this problem?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the reply!

Error report was sent when Inventor crashed, did not receive any reply yet.

System specs are already provided.

Inventor goes blank and Not responding when trying to add an assembly in to assembly.

Message 4 of 11
aargear

If iPart or iAssembly present, please test

ALT+TAB, ALT+TAB and see for EXCEL message.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

What I have noticed today is copy and Paste of assembly in to assembly takes only few sec, where as placing it takes 15-20mins.

is there any difference doing copy, paste instead of place?

Message 6 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior you described here does not sound right. Could you share the dataset exhibiting the behavior with us? If yes, I can set up a secure server for you to upload the files. Please send me an email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com) so I can start the process.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I am not sure if can share the affected dataset, will check internally and update you by email.

On my recent testing i found that it was hardware patterns which was causing the issue,

After deleting the hardware patterns from the assembly, it made huge difference in time took only 2-3 mins to add assembly.

This assembly has lot of hardware patterns.

Message 8 of 11
cbenner

Bolted Connections?

These do tremendously slow down an assembly.  If you need them for your BOM, you could use Level of Detail on your sub-assemblies to suppress the hardware.  This would speed up regen time, but still allow you to have the hardware in your BOM.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

yes

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Model contains LOD, the Autodesk Team had reproduced the crash based on the dataset that i provided to them.

they had logged a defect in their Issue Tracking System. Related developer and QA are focusing on solving this defect..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report