Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Frame Generator Stiffness Matrix

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kabindrabhattarai
759 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Frame Generator Stiffness Matrix

I have used Autodesk Inventor for a long time and I am quite familier with its Frame Generator Analysis Package. I was wondering if I could export the stiffness matrix out of Inventor. This would help me a lot if I have to present a data validation. Please let me know.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Kabin,

no, pretty sure you can't do it.

You can export to Robot Structural and maybe - i am not totally sure - you can have your matrices.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Most of the advanced analysis softwares such as Abaqus and Comsol have that functionality. I do not know why Autodesk Inventor would not provide that feature.
Message 4 of 5

Hi Kabin,

it's an interesting idea and i am sure that it will be implemented in the future by Autodesk, but consider that Abaqus and Comsol are specific for analysis, they do pretty much only that.

Inventor in addition to all the things that can do also do structural , stress, dynamic, modal, parametric analysis.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

That is true. It is great that inventor provides all those analysis tools. I was thinking, the stiffness matrix is already created somewhere in the solver right? Why not have a functionality to export it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report