Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor DWG to DXF... Sorry.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jeanchile
6187 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor DWG to DXF... Sorry.

Hello All,

I apologize for posting about this topic for what seems like the 800th time but I seem to be having some trouble and need help.

I have used the "Save As" command to create DXF files in the past. According to the help file I should still be able to do this. It seems however that I have either lost this functionality, or my mind, because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. My settings seem to be different now then they were on 1/17/2011 (the last time I did this) and I am wondering what I am missing.

Please look at the screenshot attached and tell me if there is supposed to be an AutoCAD / DXF option in the "Save as type" area. I swear this is how I did this before and I distinctly remember setting up a configuration (.ini) file for the output. How do I do this now?

Inventor Professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.laidler
in reply to: jeanchile

Save Copy As.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: john.laidler

AAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!Smiley Mad

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

I could not figure out what I was doing differently.

Thank you for the help. It's proof I shouldn't be working today so with your permission I am going home.

Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 6
jeanchile

In my defense, this is from the help menu:

Save, Save As, Export

Saves a file with a specified name and file type. Exports Autodesk Inventor data to other file formats (See Export data to other formats).

AutoCAD Drawing files

DWG

Autodesk Inventor Drawing (DWG), AutoCAD Drawing (DWG), Autodesk Inventor Drawing (IDW), DWF, DWFx, PDF, DXF, BMP, GIF, JPG or JPEG, PNG, TIFF

It does not appear to tell me that I have to use the "Save Copy As" command. I mean... it makes perfect sense now why I need to... it just doesn't tell me that Smiley Wink.

Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 6
Martin_Goodland

Hi

At the bottom of the help page should be a report / comment link, if you click this and fill in the form to tell Autodesk what the problem is on the page the help should get updated.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 6 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

This is good information that I hadn't noticed before. I submitted some feedback about that page so maybe it will help others in the future.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report