Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor DWG not plotting shade view from Autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joshsennett
968 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor DWG not plotting shade view from Autocad

I can't imagine I'm the only one who's run into this, but I haven't been able to find any solutions after a lot of searching.

What it boils down to is that I'm the only inventor seat and need to use dwg for layouts in my work environment so that others can edit notes and print if needed.  We also always plot to pdf and then print hardcopies as necessary.

Many of our drawings require ISO/axon/perspective views of models, and almost always shaded views.  I can plot from inventor without issue, but when I plot from autocad, the shaded views plot only partially shaded with the rest wireframe or completely wireframe.  I attached a pdf example.  The view on the left should appear shaded the same as the views to the right.

I've adjusted every print setting I can think of, set shaded views to offline only for using bitmap, and tried low, mid and higher resolutions for the bitmap dpi setting.

We have product design suite 2013 and I'm on a windows 7 x64 machine.

Any ideas?  Thanks so much!

-Josh

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: joshsennett

Try using the: Export>Export to PDF

If you are using an Adobe Printer, then in the Adobe Printer setting under the Adobe PDF Settings tab, change the Default Settings from "Standard"to High Quality Print.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
joshsennett
in reply to: blair

Thanks for the idea.  I had already played around with upping the dpi, both in the autocad print dialogue and the pdf print settings like you show.  I did end up getting a print to work by dropping both all the way down to 150dpi, but the image quality was just too low to use.

I went back in to Inventor to try playing with on/offline bitmap and that bitmap resolution in the drawing document settings, and noticed a pop up when opening the file about one of the view styles being adjusted outside of inventor.  I opened the file back up in autocad and made sure the view style was set to 2D wireframe for that view.  That seemed to do the trick as now I can print to better resolutions that would not work before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report