Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Drawings Survey

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
jim.clauss
3276 Views, 22 Replies

Inventor Drawings Survey

The Inventor team has developed a survey to help us in planning for future releases regarding documentation / drawings.

We would love to hear from you!  The survey may be accessed at the following URL:

http://tinyurl.com/InventorDrawingSurvey

Best regards,
Jim Clauss

Software Architect - Inventor

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
dgorsman
in reply to: jeanchile

Don't forget - they'll need to work the hardware while wearing gloves, and view it while wearing eye protection too.  Projection against a wall and foot switches, maybe?  😄

I really see adoption of this in the "front corner" of that type of fab shop or on-site portable trailers where the supervisors and project QA/QC guys live.  They can use the electronic information to more efficiently manage the workers and materials, while the workers still have their paper copies they get get weld splatter, solvent, and rough comments on.  If there's any questions, the supervisor has all of the contextual information at hand with their electronic copy.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 22 of 23
jmwallach51
in reply to: gsmith9810

Gary

I am interested in starting a company providing Engineering services and am expert in the use of Inventor (SolidWorks and other CAD software).  Is there an internet location that you prefer to identify contractors?  Does your company use contractors for design and additional (such as CAD system translations, FEA. etc) engineering services as well?

I am a degreed mechanical engineer with over 25 years in a range of industries from medical devices to machine equipment but am interested in providing a full range of services.  Whatever information you might provide is appreciated.

Thanks!

John

Message 23 of 23
SMPConsulting
in reply to: jim.clauss

An interesting debate. I for one cannot see us completely moving away from drawing outputs anytime soon. As a consultant serving a wide range of industries over a 20+ year career I can say with certainty that the wide spread take-up of a paperless system in workshops, manufacturing facilities and construction sites is a long long way away.

Having said that I can see how we can increase and exploit better the usages of CAD/CAM technologies to gain better quality and efficiencies.

Quality drawings from 3D technologies are hard to come by which has more to do with skills and experience of the designers and drafters than it does the 3D technology used. Inventor has a very good drawing environment albeit there is still room for improvement.

Anthony Paul
www.smpconsulting.com.au
An Inventor user since IV6 2002, and a 3D AutoCad user since R9 1989

i7 7770 @ 3.6GHz – 4.2, GB H110M M.2 Mainboard, 2 x 8 GB DDR4 RAM
250 GB SSD 960 Evo Series SSD, 700 W 80+ ATX Power Supply, Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums