Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Drawing View - Include All Surfaces

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Lancasterm
708 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Drawing View - Include All Surfaces

I have an issue where I have this large assembly that has a part with a few surfaces on it.   When I go to the drawing view and (toggle on) include all surfaces, the surfaces appear with no problem.  If I save and exit Inventor..   When I  bring up the drawing later on, the surfaces are not there and the "include all surfaces" setting is toggled back off.  Which means I toggled it back on and the next time the drawing is opened, same problem.

I created another assembly/drawing with a few parts including the part with the surfaces and when I open the drawing everytime, the surfaces are shown in the view..

Any thoughts?   Does large assemblies impact this setting?

Inventor 2013 with latest service pack/updates.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Lancasterm,

Is the drawing view set to be associative (see checkbox)?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 6

No that was not checked...  If it is, the Include All Surfaces (setting) is disabled for that view.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Lancasterm,

What about View Representations, is it possible that the Master view rep is in the mix here causing the changes not to stick?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 6
t_pcoll
in reply to: Lancasterm

Hi Lancasterm,

this does not sound right and I don't know what's happening there. Can you see option "Keep legacy body status" in View right click menu? Does new IDW of the same model behave the same way? Is there any chance to send me the dataset? ladislav(dot)pcola(at)autodesk.com

Thanks
Ladislav
Message 6 of 6
Lancasterm
in reply to: t_pcoll

No there is no "keep legacy body option" since this was all created in 2013.   Also I am unable to share the information since it has confidential information within it.

The new drawing was only created for a test and contained just a few items.    The Include all sufaces behaved correctly in that (test) drawing, but for the large assembly it did not. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report