Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Drawing file (Annotation Features not Supporting ACAD 2000)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sureshmuniappan
421 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Drawing file (Annotation Features not Supporting ACAD 2000)

Dear Autodesk Team,

Good Afternoon,

My Name is suresh, i am working for BS&B Techonologies, i have a doubt in inventor as the question follows;

I am using inventor 2013 and creating the drawing for a part or assy. and saving it to autocad 2000. after i open the saven .dwg fine in autocad 2000 of customised .dwg viewer (EDMS internal customised vault kind of software), i see some of the features of annotations and even mechanical features added has question mark (as the images attached).

Thing is what i am doing is and we have a BOB.shx file for the font. (which inventor is not supporting) and we could not bring this inside inventor. Inventor supports only .ttf font types.

So kindy guide me how way possible we can use inventor drawing inside autocad 2000 by save a copy as option. or you have any patch type support.We are loosing lot of time in this as a productivity loss.

Kindly Help us.

Regards,

Suresh.RM

Sr. Design Engg.

BS&B Techonologies Pvt. Ltd, Chennai.

Cell : +91 99627 81988

Phone : 044 28294021 / Ext: 154

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello sureshmuniappan,

You wrote:

i open the saven .dwg fine in autocad 2000 of customised .dwg viewer (EDMS internal customised vault kind of software)

Does it mean you open the dwg in a dwg viewer, which may be developed by different company,  other than AutoCAD 2000? If true, could have a try with AutoCAD 2000 or its vertical products to verify if this issue can be reproduced.

I understand the issue from your attached images. If it is possible to attach your problematic .idw and .dwg, it would be very helpful to triage the underlying reason.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report