Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Display Quality Issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nickseman
559 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor Display Quality Issue

I am wondering if this is normal - 

I have an equation curve in a sketch which is being displayed "wiggly" (for lack of better terminology) however it is being calculated correctly.  It should be a smooth sweeping curve.  In the attached image I placed several vertical lines and trimmed them at the intersection with the equation curve.  You can see the gaps between them, however the end points of the lines are computed correctly.  Is this normal?  Is there a setting which increases the accuracy of the displayed sketch graphics?  I have the Application Options > Display > Display Quality set to Smoother.  The "wiggle" carries over to a solid sweep based on the sketch also.

While the numbers seem to calculate correctly the graphics are making it difficult to visually verify the design.

Thanks;

Nick

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: nickseman

About the only setting would be in the Tools>Application Options>Hardware> and select Quatlity over Performance , Conservativie or Software Graphics.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
nickseman
in reply to: blair

Blair:

Thanks for the suggestion however I had already run through all of the various options there with no luck.

Spent a lot of time on this yesterday rehashing the geometry calculations and it really looks like this is an issue with how the graphics are generated.

Nick

Message 4 of 8
bob_holland

Nick,

Can you provide me with the part file to look at?

I am guessing that the curve is supposed to touch those lines?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 8
nickseman
in reply to: bob_holland

Hello Bob:

Attached is an ipt file contining the sketches and parameters.  Sketch B7 contains the geometry in question.  The center "green" segment is the segment wtih the ripples/wiggles in it.  If you create some vertical lines and trim them you will get the results that I show in the graphic you viewed.  The trim yields the correct geometry, the curve appears to be graphically incorrect.  The ripples are most evident towards the end of the green segment.

The parameters and equation may be difficult to follow - if you have any questions please let me know.  Thanks for your assistance.

Nick

Message 6 of 8
bob_holland

Nick,

I took a look at the part that you provided.

It does not appear to match the screen shot provided and does NOT fail.

Does it fail for you?

If so, please save it just before the trip operation and then send it to me.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 8
nickseman
in reply to: bob_holland

Hello Bob,

Thanks again for looking at this for me.

I have attached two files, a new screen shot showing how the vertical lines do not "touch" the curve which was used to trim them, and the IPT with the same vertical lines in it.  The lines are located within the magenta locating circle.

You should be able to reproduce the same results - simply place some vertical lines and trim them using the green curve section.

Thanks;

Nick

Message 8 of 8
bob_holland

Nick,

I wanted to get you an update letting you know that I have sent this to our development staff for their input.

I will post you an update after I hear back from them.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report