Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Crashing with Space Navigator

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Talayoe
249 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Crashing with Space Navigator

Good Day All,

I have Inventor 2012 on my laptop (Asus G53 powerhouse) and on my work PC (homebuilt, but stupid powerful). I also have a 3D Connexion Space Navigator (which I would NEVER be without). I took my SpaceNavigator with me to the lake this weekend with my laptop and Inventor constantly crashes while I am spinning my part or assembly.

I have never had this happen on my tower back in the city. Literally not once. I am so paranoid of losing stuff on my laptop now I save after every single command or movement (outside of sketch mode obviously). Same drivers as the tower... Anyone else had this problem at all? Its quite frusterating.

Tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: Talayoe

I would do a un-install of the 3D Connexion drivers and reboot. Check that all SP's and hot-fixes are applied from Microsoft for the O/S. Do a fresh install of the most current and see if that cures the problem. If you are on WIn7 or Vista, make sure you have Administrative permissions and that the UAC slider is at it's lowest setting position.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report