Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor crashes when placing subassembly (as an iPart)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
david.bergbom
299 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor crashes when placing subassembly (as an iPart)

Hello,

I’m having a problem with inventor crashing when I’m trying to use iLogic. I’m new to iLogic and I’d be grateful to get some idea of what I'm doing wrong.

What I’ve made is an assembly of a simple guard rail that consists of two part files (one of the upper horizontal bar, and one of the posts). I have added user parameters (in the assembly) for length, height, and the amount of posts. When I change these parameters I have a rule that automatically change the corresponding parameters in each individual part file which works just fine.

My goal is to be able to place this assembly into a “main assembly” (the “main assembly” is built up of several sets of elevated ramps and service platforms, ). The workflow I’d like to have is to 3-D-walk through my service platforms and place the above mentioned guardrails as subassemblies with the “Place iLogic Component”-command. Thereby I’d be able to get as many unique guardrails as I need.

However, as soon as I try to place the guardrail assembly Inventor unfortunately crashes without giving a clue of what the problem is. The guardrail assembly as well as the two part files are attached.

I’m currently running Inventor 2014 SP2 and I’d be very grateful for input/solutions to my problem.

Regards,

David Bergbom

Med vänlig hälsning,

David Bergbom Konstruktör, LKAB Mekaniska +46 70-685 3571 david.bergbom@lkab.com

LKAB Mekaniska –ett företag i LKAB-koncernen. Box 826 981 28 Kiruna Besöksadress: Lastvägen 14, Sweden Växel:0771-760211 www.lkab.com

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi! I am taking a look at the files you attached. I will get back to you if I make some progress.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4

Hi! I am trying to reproduce the crash but I have not been able to. Here is my workflow.

1) Start a new Inventor assembly file -> Save.

2) Place iLogic Component -> pick Guardrail_Adjustable.iam -> change a few cells -> OK -> place the assembly.

Is it the right workflow? If not, could you be more specific or record a video?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, that´s the very way I´ve tried to do it as well. The crashing behaviour seems strange. The same thing happens when my colleague runs the files. Could it have to do with some faulty setting? It really would be handy and time saving to use the functionality of iLogic.

I got a reply to the error report I submitted after Inventor shut down, and replied by sending the files back along with the number for the report. Hopefully that could also give some clue.

Thanks a lot!

Regards, David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report