Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor crash

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nickor07
344 Views, 2 Replies

inventor crash

I am in the process of doing my first Inventor job and run into a big problem. The job has recently been issued for approval but the client has returned with the comment that they want to remove one of the two pools from the drawing. I deleted the pool in question and all of its related piping and that all seemed to be fine in the .iam file.

Then problem which I have now encountered is when I try to open my related .dwg file it starts to load up the drawing but then it causes inventor to crash. I really don’t want to start again because the drawing was complete and I will be wasting alot of time trying to re-create what I already had.

Can you think of anyway that I can recover the .dwg file??

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Can you able to submit a crash report. If so do send one and provide us the email address you have used. This would help to investigate further.

Meanwhile you could try using Task scheduler and select Update Design -> Create a new task -> Add your drawing file.

In the options, you can try to select the rebuild all. This might help to fix your drawing, if there is no huge data corruption. Please see attached.

Untitled.png

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3
PaulMunford
in reply to: nickor07

have you tried opening the drawing in defered up-date mode?

In the 'Open' dialouge select your drawing and then click the 'Options' button. Check 'Defer updates'. now click the 'open' button to open your drawing.

If this gets you in - you could try deleting any ballons or parts list tables that need to be updated, I have found that these can cause problems in drawings if they are reading from a large assembly that needs a lot of updates.

You could also try turning off color in your views, f you have any.

When you've had a chance to examine your darwing for issues, go to 'Tools' > 'Document settings' and un check 'Defer updates' to get the rest of your drawing to load.

Let us know how you get on!

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report