Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Cheat Sheet Excel

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
DeerSpotter
3354 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor Cheat Sheet Excel

Hi Guys!

Okay straight to the point. 

1. I created a cheat sheet for inventor using excel. It's stuff that is easy, but: takes time to calculate and for the sake of time i created equations for them so its simple to use.

2. I need to know what else to expect in the future, and which would be nice calculations to add. This is my 1st year using Inventor. I have used soldworks for the last 3 years. So its not a big switch. Love it so far 🙂

So if you guys could help in letting me know what i can add or attach your cheat sheets that would be awesome!

Best,

Max

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
blair
in reply to: DeerSpotter

I'll send a file from home this evening that is a great utility.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 13
blair

Here is a great utility, just unzip it, copy it to a folder on your system and create a shortcut for your desktop.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 13
DeerSpotter
in reply to: blair

Yeh i use that on a daily basis. 

So nobody has excel cheat sheets?

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 5 of 13
pball

Well I don't have anything fancy to share. But I couldn't find a few different kinds of charts formatted how I wanted them, so I made a few. Included is a fractional inches (1/64s) to decimal inches chart, sheet metal guages chart, and tap drill size english/metric chart. I pulled all the info from various places so I can't take credit for that and if something is off I won't take credit for that either.

Message 6 of 13
timdown73
in reply to: blair

Thanks!
-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
Message 7 of 13
DeerSpotter
in reply to: pball

Thanks Man! Ill Simplify the data into a search funtion of some sort and upload it later (2 months lol) 

In the mean time i added that to my sheet, i also added better output options for the decimal to fractions calc.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 8 of 13
mpatchus

Just curious, but why would you ever need to manually convert decimals to fractions, or fraction to decimals in Inventor?

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 9 of 13
blair

I have my trusty old HP32sII RNP calculator (for all the oldies out there) if I need to convert fractions or decimals.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 13
DeerSpotter
in reply to: mpatchus

When we are manually fudging the BOM to input QTY for each U/M 

then sometimes different equations require decimels so we convert the fractions provided to use for the eq. 

Yeh i lost me old calc. 😕 

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 11 of 13
graemev

@m.teleguz1 wrote:

So nobody has excel cheat sheets?

Don't need 'em.  In Canada we wind up converting Imperial (come on, America, get with the program already) to Metric (all but three countries in the world) and back on a frequent basis.  For almost everything else, there's Machinery's Handbook and/or a good calculator.  (Mine's a Hewlett Packard 48SX.)

I also used to work as a machinist, so fraction-decimal conversions are child's play.

Message 12 of 13
DeerSpotter

Modified the Sheet to have better options. 

REV1 - Have fun! 

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 13 of 13
DeerSpotter

Added the macro file inside the excel sheet. Better Logic equation now.

I know i dont have to keep this updated as some of you simply dont care. But uploading them here actually saved me once when my pc crashed. 

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("0",E5))=TRUE,(CONVERT(C5,"mm","in")),E5)*OR(ISERROR(FIND("0",C5))=TRUE,(CONVERT(E5,"mm","in")),C5)

that took forevor to get right. 

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report