Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor bug in fillet welds

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
RuudB.
3034 Views, 20 Replies

Inventor bug in fillet welds

Hello,

I am having a problem in the weldment environment with inventor 2011.

In 2010 i could do just about everything i wanted, and it always worked perfectly, but now in 2011 we have on 3 computers and 2 models a problem, so this is not a problem for one machine or model.

Ok so whats up,

When i make certain preparations, such as move face or chamfers in the weldment assembly, the fillet welds i have allready made give the an error. It sais " Weld compute failed due to a modelling error" and " The weldbead operation did not produce a meaningfull result" . This while i'm doing nothing wrong, or different than i did in 2010.

If i accept this it's immediately impossible to save the assembly. Also after accepting it's not possible to place fillet welds in any assembly at all, doesn't matter how simple i make it.

Please help me out, or we have to consider to stop using the weldment environment, which would be a really big pity. Because it did work well. Now with our new project going back to 2010 is not an option unfortunately.

BTW

We use inventor 64 bit

Greetings,

Ruud Bakker.

Netherlands.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
johnsonshiue
in reply to: bralick1221

Hi Could you provide the example to reproduce the behavior? This issue looks like geometry specific. There might be a way to make it work but I need to see the  files. Feel free to post it here or share it at A360 (my account: johnsonshiue) or any cloud drive of your choice or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report