I am having a problem in the weldment environment with inventor 2011.
In 2010 i could do just about everything i wanted, and it always worked perfectly, but now in 2011 we have on 3 computers and 2 models a problem, so this is not a problem for one machine or model.
Ok so whats up,
When i make certain preparations, such as move face or chamfers in the weldment assembly, the fillet welds i have allready made give the an error. It sais " Weld compute failed due to a modelling error" and " The weldbead operation did not produce a meaningfull result" . This while i'm doing nothing wrong, or different than i did in 2010.
If i accept this it's immediately impossible to save the assembly. Also after accepting it's not possible to place fillet welds in any assembly at all, doesn't matter how simple i make it.
Please help me out, or we have to consider to stop using the weldment environment, which would be a really big pity. Because it did work well. Now with our new project going back to 2010 is not an option unfortunately.
We use inventor 64 bit
product information inventor
Build 239 Release 2011 RTM
We have tried the model with and without Service pack, i have the computer without a service pack.
Operating system windows 7 64bit
I don't have an example to put on a public forum, i can only give this information to autodesk.
Extra info, though this doesn't influence the situation, tested on a Dell with 64 bit system and 20 gyg Ram memory or something.
My pc is
HP Z600 workstation
Intel Xeon E5630
RAM 10 Gyg, must be ddr3
Graphics card Nvidia Quaddro i though 4400 but not sure about that one.
product information inventor
Extra info, though this doesn't influence the situation, tested on a Dell with 64 bit system and 20 gyg
the "extra" info allows others to help you troubleshoot.
so would an example file.
can you not model up a simple non-proprietary example that you can share with others?
if not, there's not much for anyone to go on in an attempt to reproduce the error.
best of luck either way.
Maybe i can try tomorrow to make file where the problem occurs. But can't garrantee it. Ik weld in big assembly's so thats where i have the trouble. But ill give it a shot tomorrow. I want to put my model on the internet to solve the problem, but its not an option because it's the product we sell.
thanx so far
I don't have a solution for you.
But i have this problem to. But only some days. Very strange. I got this model with some simpel fillet welds, and they works fine. But some days, they give the same error you get. I need to delete them. Can't make them again right away, but i can make them later. Only tried a few days later with success. But now. Today. i got the problem again. Didn’t change anything at all in the area of the welds.
Attached is a picture of a good day :-)
Inventor 2011 Pro SP1
It's definately a big problem for me aswell. I have an excavator boom in my model, and rebuilding the welds all the time is a really time consuming job. Im very busy at my work, so making a simple model with the same error in it, well i haven't got the time for it. I just hope somebody from Autodesk can reply so i can send him/her the model i have right now. Than they can see my / (now our) problem.
Here, the same issue and it's log in to autodesk inventor issue database #1337039
Maybe this will be resolve in the next SP
Allright, well that is some good news. Thank you for that.
Can somebody from Autodesk confirm this, and maybe give some status updates about the progress of the solution / when the planning is that the service pack is released?
If there is a Beta version which should solve this problem, i am willing to test it and give info if the problem is solved.
I've been having similar problems in the welding environment as well with IV2011. Groove welds were giving me a problem on a weldment I was creating. Every time I tried to create a groove weld with preparations around a simple box with 4 sides the weld would fail. ( It worked fine in IV2010) If by chance I was able to create the weld by making each side of the weld at a time, then the weld would complete but I was no long able to save the model. IV2011 would give me some gibberish about the model data set being corrupt. After testing on many different and identical PC's, the problem seems to be that the path I was using was too long. I had too many folders leading up to the weldment folder. So I created a folder off the C:\ and a new project file and created the weldment in there. So far it seems to have worked. Hopefully this work around will help you with your weldment issues.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.