Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aaron
337 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Assembly

I want to create a .dxf file for parts production off of an assembly file, but when I open the .iam in an .idw the intersection or "mating" line between the two parts shows. Is there any way to make a simple 2d assembly look as 1 single piece? I can't get the line to go away in .idw so therefore a cut path will want to go across the intersection.

This method, if I can get it to work, makes the parametric aspect of my CAD library work much better, so no, I am not interested in drawing the file as a single drawing. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: aaron

Hi!

You can select the line between the 2 parts and turn the visibility off in the drawing.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
aaron

That wont work because of the way the lines intersect. If I could turn off only a portion of one line (similar to the trim feature) I could work past it but I cant. It looks like my only option is to rethink how the part is drawn. 

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr

You might want to include some images or more details or something..

There are plenty of ways to do stuff in Inventor.. But without specific details its hard to give valid suggestions..

Frankly I don't even understand why you are using the iam file..or why the visibility doesn't work or why you don't just simply open the dxf in Autocad and modify as needed..

I assumed you need this dxf for a CNC machine or similar like that and that should be a part thing..not an assembly (for most situations anyways)..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report