Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Assembly Module

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jyothissurendran
650 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor Assembly Module

Hi,

I have placed two separate cylindrical shape componets in an assembly. Now i wanted to connect these idividual components by using a cross piece of same shape (or pipe). The ends has to be merged on the tangentil faces of the master componets.Can anybody suggest which method i can follow for this case in assembly mode ? I tried to create a new part by extrution, defining the extrusion depth by "from to" option. but its not working..Somebody please help....

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: jyothissurendran

Frame Generator

or

Copy Object the end and beginning surfaces

or

Project Geometry...

...attach the assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
jyothissurendran
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the reply JD Mather.Please find the attached assembly,. am trying to give a upport for the ladder to horizontal pipe just behind that. I tried by using project geometry. for that i  have projected the geometry to the two assemmbly componets (Ladder and 8" pipe behind that) but in assembly i am not able to find loft option to merge the projected curves.please advise if u have any solutions. Thaking you for the support ....

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
JDMather

An iam file without ipt files is useless.

An iam file is simply a list of hyperlinks to the part (*.ipt) files and a record of hyperlinks.

Need only the three part files involved.

Frame generator has tools to do this feature semi-automatically (assuming I really understand the problem description without the actual geometry files).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
jyothissurendran
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD.. Yes i am working on frame generator and created the cross piece already by defing start and end poits. But not able to merge ends to the tangential face.Please find the attachments for reference. Thanking you for the great support....

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 6 of 7
JDMather

Can you attach those 3 ipt files here.

It looks like you were successful on everything else?

Is the "ladder" part at least Ø2"?

Message 7 of 7

Hi JD, I got the solution by using  frame generator and notch function.Thanks for your time....

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report