Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor and UAC

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mopey85
1311 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor and UAC

I am trying to use Autodesk Inventor 2013 with UAC turned on. 

Which is fine according to 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18138720&linkID=9242018

Inventor starts and works fine until we want to use Inventor Studio to render anything. The option is greyed out, if i remove the add-on and re-add it, the options becomes available but all of the options within Inventor studio are greyed out, so it's useless to me. 

This is someone else's preview but it applies to this scenario.

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/78/439093/1/Loaded_but_not_loaded.jpg

I can verify that under the same profile with UAC turned off it all works. 

I need to leave UAC on and I need to be able to render using Inventor Studio. Any thoughts on how this is possible??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: mopey85

If your privileges are high enough such as Admin you should be OK to run with the UAC on. Myself, I just set the slide to it's lowest position and leave it that way, I also run with full Admin privileges.

If you are running within a network with a IT department, get them to give you Admin privideges for only your local machine. This should allow Windows sufficient rights to allow updates to the Registry with the UAC on.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
mopey85
in reply to: blair

I have full admin rights(domain admin), Even with UAC on the first level it has the same inventor studio problem.

UAC.jpg

If i take it back to nothing, restart the computer, it works fine.

I have notices it has also added a few extra tabs when UAC is turned on.

Inventor_studio

Any other thoughts.

Message 4 of 7
samiharada

Hi,

I haven't been able to reproduce the behavior you described.

Any additional information (OS ver etc.) would be helpful.

Thank you,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 5 of 7
mopey85
in reply to: samiharada

We did come up with a solution, Inventor wasn't at fault.

it was a third part piece of software called Avecto that was causing the problem. When it elevates programs something happens that breaks inventor.

After contacting avecto they provided us a way to use "hookExclusions" so that it didn't try to elevate the rights of inventor. 

We applied the registry setting and we are all good.

thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 7
BramosB

Regards Mopey85. Are you saying you fix the problem modifying the activation of UAC (User administration configutaion), dont you?

Well, just my point and my doubt is coming up to this: what is path to get to set the UAC. I have many advises about this in regard to solution the issue of inactive icons. 

I am runnign Inventor on Windows 8, once in the configuration profile of my user account i see i have permission as administrator, but i am not quite sure if you are refering to this.

I will appreciate i you would give me an advice about how do you fix the behaviour of the icons, or how to change the "UAC". Thanks in advance.

PrtPNT V03 10 marzo 2014 _one fix BUT still greyed.jpg

BCRB

Message 7 of 7
BramosB

Hi. thanks for post your solution. My doubt now is How do you inspect your PC or get notice the where the conflict was. I mean, I would like to know if could be experience same behaviour of Inventor because of a similar situation as described, just in my case, I don't have such a program you mention installed

In advance thanks for any advice... I posted before a shoot of the screen when I get inside on the environment (the same happens with Inventor studio, stress analysis, among other options)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report