Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor & Vault 2014 - Big Problem!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JazzJPH13
750 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor & Vault 2014 - Big Problem!

Hi Everyone!

In our Product Design Suite 2014 upgrade a couple of weeks ago, it was decided two new Vaults would be made for the two departments of our business.  The current Vault is messy (duplicate filenames, parts named "Part1" etc. as well as references between job folders (there were no standards so they pinched bits from various projects).  

The current Vault is truly awful

Yesterday I decided to do something I thought was innocent.  In the new vault, to stop workspaces being mixed up (as well as make it more obvious when you're changing Vaults) I decided to change the workspace directory.  The standards I am making are in this new Vault.  

PROBLEM:

I clean my C:\ Workspace before I get anything from Vault.  Then I get the latest Project file and apply it in Inventor. 

I then find the top level model and right click in Vault and click "Open".  Everything opens, then a dialogue comes up about references, but the model loads ok and works fine (nothing in the browser to say there's a problem).

See attached pic for the next part: (VaultProb)

- In the browser in Inventor, I cannot check out the model.  Also, everything is "Out Of Date" - DESPITE being refreshed from Vault! When I click "Refresh From Vault" the mouse cursor does the loading sequence for a split-second.

- When I go to check out the files from the Inventor Tree, it won't actually let me check it out.

It doesn't make sense, I've got the latest from Vault, I have the browser saying it's out of date but then when I want to check it out through Inventor it says it doesn't even exist!

When I go back to the Vault browser it shows a white circle on everything.  

Let's see if the CAD gurus can live up to their name here!! I'm desperate because it's going to chuff up all my hard work!

Dell Precision T1700
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz (4 Cores)
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200 (12002 MB / 4096 MB)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JazzJPH13
in reply to: JazzJPH13

I've tried loads of stuff but keep getting this!!!

VaultProb2.jpg

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
Message 3 of 5

Hi Jazz,

It is my understanding that when you use vault you can only use 1 project file; the vault project. That's it. No other project files other than that.

Changing the default path from the vault should not cause issues as  long as you use the vault project.

best regards,

Misha

Message 4 of 5
JazzJPH13

Hi ASCO thanks for the reply.

We only have one project file.  We have more than one Vault (to log in to) but it hasn't been a problem until yesterday.

I can access the models and they work fine, it's just the communication between inventor and Vault is inconsistent and inaccurate.  It's proving to be a nightmare as my deadline for standardisation is nearing yet I cannot do a single thing until this sorts itself out.

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
Message 5 of 5
JazzJPH13

It's ok everyone! Problem solved!!!

The project file needed "mapping" because I had changed the workspace project area name, so it was looking for the old name - hence the confusion with files.

This problem could come up in the future so hopefully it will help someone who, like me, can break anything!

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report