Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 8 - is it good or not?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
153 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 8 - is it good or not?

To all user : is R8 good or not, crashing or not?

I'm currently using R6 and wondering if the R8 is good enough without no service pack...

Wath is the best computer machin to run the R8?

Regards...
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you browsed through the NG? That question has been asked and answered several times. sdussault wrote: > To all user : is R8 good or not, crashing or not? > > I'm currently using R6 and wondering if the R8 is good enough without no service pack... > > Wath is the best computer machin to run the R8? > > Regards... -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.4472 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Based on the traffic I've seen on this news group, I'd have to say most people are having a good experience with 8. Of course, the devil never sleeps and as with every release, some users are having no end of trouble. Use sensible precautions like making an off-line backup of everything IV related and give it a shot. Richard sdussault wrote: > To all user : is R8 good or not, crashing or not? > > I'm currently using R6 and wondering if the R8 is good enough without no service pack... > > Wath is the best computer machin to run the R8? > > Regards...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I am NOT an expert, by any means, but I can say that R8 has been at least as stable as any version I have used, starting with R4. I had one or two hangups when I first loaded it, but none since. The ADESK group has released some hotfix patches instead of waiting for a full service pack. These have been well received and are reported to have fixed some complaints.

I definitely DO recommend that you install it. I think you will like it.

Second question, about hardware, well, there are many posts on that subject, but most center around getting a fast, stable processor, lots of fast RAM (typically 2gb) and a CAD grade video card, such as a Quadro series. Dual processors are not needed.

So that's the non expert answer.

Best of luck to you.

Tom
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Only several, eh? ~Larry "Hal Gwin" wrote in message news:3ffb054c$1_5@statler... > Have you browsed through the NG? That question has been asked and > answered several times. > > > sdussault wrote: > > > To all user : is R8 good or not, crashing or not? > > > > I'm currently using R6 and wondering if the R8 is good enough without no service pack... > > > > Wath is the best computer machin to run the R8? > > > > Regards... > > -- > Hal Gwin > Mechanical Designer > Xenogen > > W2K SP4 > Dell Precision 650 > Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon > 1.5 GB DDR > Quadro4 900 XGL > nVidia 6.14.10.4472 w/registry update > Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Everyones opinion about hardware is going to be different. I wouldn't worry about getting the fastest processor out there (my 2.4 runs just fine), but don't get a celeron either. Make sure it's 800MHz or better FSB, not the 533 you'd get with an average home computer. Video is critical. I'd stay with at least a 128 Quadro card. Then scale your RAM based on your average assembly size. Most of mine on the smaller side (512MB) run great. When I get into the larger stuff, I wish I had 1GB. -- Kevin Wehner "TGPE" wrote in message news:14171435.1073438547598.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am NOT an expert, by any means, but I can say that R8 has been at least as stable as any version I have used, starting with R4. I had one or two hangups when I first loaded it, but none since. The ADESK group has released some hotfix patches instead of waiting for a full service pack. These have been well received and are reported to have fixed some complaints. > > I definitely DO recommend that you install it. I think you will like it. > > Second question, about hardware, well, there are many posts on that subject, but most center around getting a fast, stable processor, lots of fast RAM (typically 2gb) and a CAD grade video card, such as a Quadro series. Dual processors are not needed. > > So that's the non expert answer. > > Best of luck to you. > > Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report