Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 - - Vault tab disappears when part opens

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
karthur1
2672 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor 2015 - - Vault tab disappears when part opens

Just installed the 2015 version.  Noticed that the vault tab is there when "My Home Screen" is open.  But, when I open my part, the vault tab disappears. Watch this video.

The vault menu is available when I click on the Big "I" in the top left. Also the vault menu is available when I right click on a part. So far, I have done this, but nothing helps.

1. Repair Install.

2. Checked hidden EDM add-in.  It is loaded.

3. Vault add-in is loaded.

4. Restarted computer. 

Kirk

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
bob_holland
in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

Please check and make sure that you are using a Vault IPJ.

Does this fail with other files?

Please login as different user on that computer and let me know if it still fails for the other user.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 13
karthur1
in reply to: bob_holland

Bob,

Yes, I am using a Vault ipj.  I also created a new Vault ipj just to test and it used it, but still do not see the menu. No matter what file I open or even if I start a new file... no vault tab in the ribbon.

The strange part is that I have all the vault commands and I have a vault context menu, but I don't have a vault tab on the ribbon. 

Will have to check later to see if logging in as a different user gets me there.

Kirk

Message 4 of 13
bob_holland

Kirk,

Please RMC on you ribbon and select Normal and Reset Ribbon under the Ribbon Appearance.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 13
karthur1

Bob,

Resetting the ribbon brings the Vault tab back.  However, if I close my part and open another one, its gone again.  Like this....  then I have to reset it again. Rinse and repeat.

Kirk

Message 6 of 13
karthur1

Bob,

The extra EDM Add-in was the problem.  In the Tools >Add-ins, there are two of the hidden EDM Add-ins loaded.  I unloaded the one that is at location MScoree.dll, restarted Inventor and I now have the vault tab as expected.

Thanks,

Kirk

Message 7 of 13
jacob.gondek

I am having the same problem. Where or what are the Extra EDM addin's you mentioned?

Message 8 of 13
bob_holland
in reply to: jacob.gondek

Jacob,

Right mouse click on your Inventor addins and select show hidden.

Look for the EDM addin that is pointing to:

MScoree.dll

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 9 of 13
jacob.gondek

Maybe I do not have that option? I am running Inventor Professional 2015. Here is a screen clip of the options it gives me when right clicking the Add Ins

Message 10 of 13
bob_holland

Jacob,

Go into the addins and then right mouse click:

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 11 of 13
jacob.gondek

never mind. I found it. I needed to left click to open the addins and then right click in the menu that shows them all.

Thanks!
Message 12 of 13
alh-telesis

How that was helpful.

Right clicking to "Show Hidden" only showed one EDM Addin.

Left clicking in the white space of the menu and then Right clicking showed both.

Got'a love these new "Features"

Message 13 of 13
srionde

Just for information in case someone need it:

I had the same probleme, and I resolved it by cheked out my project file from vault, saved it and checked in.

The EDM adds in were ok in my case

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report