Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Vault add in

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
atf0005
1027 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2015 Vault add in

I had to reinstall Vault 2015 on my computer and now it is not registering with inventor, as in i can't access vault through inventor. I saw a thread were it stated something about hidden edm in the add in window and hidden members are shown but i do not see a differnce between the hidden and non hidden add ins. I can't find anything of the such. Help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
atf0005
in reply to: atf0005

Still struggling with this issue.

i have seen several threads saying the solution is an edm addin under tools, yet i can not get this edm add in to appear.

any help would be appreciated

Message 3 of 6
-niels-

Are you having trouble getting the hidden addins to show or is the addin just not there?

(to show them, just right-click in the addin window and select "show hidden members")

Here's a screenshot of my addins:

edm_addin.png

You can see it's location at the bottom, if you don't have it in your list try and see if that .dll actually exists at that location.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 6
Lancasterm

In most cases the issue is related to having two (hidden) EDM add-ins.   Select one of the EDM add-ins and look at the location field.   If it states mscoree.dll, deselect both of the load behavoirs.   Exit Inventor and restart it.

Message 5 of 6
atf0005

vault help.JPG

show hidden is checked.

CaptureV.JPG

i did track down the file on my computer

Message 6 of 6
-niels-

Hmm... strange...
Can you try the tool found here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inventor-add-in-repair-ut...

See if that fixes it? (probably won't, since it states that 2012 and up work differently)

Perhaps this article will help:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Vault-ribbon-does-not-app...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report