Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Update 2 Uninstall fails. Win 7 & Win 8.1

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scottmoyse
429 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2015 Update 2 Uninstall fails. Win 7 & Win 8.1

Having installed Inventor 2015 & Vault Pro Client onto both Windows 7 & 8.1, then applied all the available patches. I'm having issues with the Vault Map Data reporting tool:

2014-08-24_9-42-31.jpg

This did work fine in May, when the Data Mapping fix was released. However, now when I click the report button after selecting my template, it throws the error above. So I started by uninstalling some of the updates on Windows 8.1 and got this when I tried reinstalling Inventor AND when trying to uninstall Update 2:

2014-08-24_9-51-48.jpg

I get that same error on a fresh Windows 7 machine, which I've just installed to find EXACTLY the same problem. It's extremely frustrating that this stuff isn't being tested properly before releasing it.

Anyway, I'm stumped as to what to do now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Inventor 2015 on Windows 8.1, only applied the data mapping hotfix, but I'm still getting the unhandled exception error. Yup I tried installing Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 redist as well. no joy.

Updates are turned off on the Windows 7 VM, so I highly doubt it's a Microsoft update causing this issue.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

Ok I fixed the data mapping issue. I needed to install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6442

But the roll back of Update 2 is still broken.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report