Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 to Showcase 2015 "AdWorkfolowHost is unknown

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
freegoodkharma
1731 Views, 16 Replies

Inventor 2015 to Showcase 2015 "AdWorkfolowHost is unknown

When I attempt to Suite Workflows, Showcase Constraint Animation, Run, Select constraints, then select constraints, Continue. I get a "AdWorkfolowHost is unknown.  Please check your synbub config file." In Inventor 2015 to Showcase 2015.  I cannot find this file anywhere and what do I need to do to get the workflow to pipe.  Just gave up on a learning 3ds Max but Showcase seems a little less steep but cannot configure an iRay render yet.

Thanks,

Carl T.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Hi,

The "synhub" referenced in the message should be in a folder called Synergy under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\

ProgramData is hidden by default so you might need to change your explorer settings to show hidden files/folders, or just type in the full path in Explorer to check the folder access. It might be that the  Synergy folder is locked out for the current user. Unless there are any specific changes you've made to the Suite workflow configurations, you can safely rename the existing Synergy folder & replace it with the contents of the attached zip file.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 17

Thank you so much, but that did not resolve my problem. The folder was hidden I renamed the Synergy folder and replaced it with the folder that you provided to me. Attempted to use the Suite Workflows Showcase Constraint Animation converter, and now received "AdWorkflowHost in not found. Please check your synhub config file. ".  A different error message.  So I attempted to revert to the previous file and promptly deleted it instead of renaming it.  So I attempted to examine the file ( "WorkflowHost2015") that you provided to me and noticed that the executable file named it along with the folder were missing from my installation. " ExecutablePath="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Workflows Application 2015\AdWorkflowHost.exe"" Could that be part of my problem.

Thank you

Carl T.

Message 4 of 17

Hi Carl,

Yes, quite likely.

Did you perhaps install to a non-default location ? Perhaps a d: drive ? If you can find the location of AdWorkflowHost.exe on your computer then you can edit those files to point to the correct path location.

However, if you don't have the ..\Workflows Application 2015 folder & files anywhere, then you might need to check what you originally installed for the Suite.

Is this a case of you installing the PrDS suite at release time (which didn't include Showcase) & then you subsequently installed Showcase on its' own as a separate (standalone) install ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 17

Yes I installed Inventor and Showcase separately and as stand alone installations. I used the default directory locations. I turned off UACS, Firewall and active virus protection and set permissions for the drives and folders and emptied the %Temp% directory. I was not able to use the Install Now or the Browser Download methods, but was able to use the Autodesk Virtual Agent.  Although Some files were in the wrong directory folders and locations but after I moved the files I was able to load Showcase 2015.  Although when I import a Inventor .iam animation constraint file.  I am at this time to unable to produce the same actions that I am able to with Inventor driven constraints animations.  I would really like to get the Inventor to Showcase Suite Workflow to work.  It would be fantastic if I could get the missing files and find out where they go and what switches they use.  I do not really know what I need beyond the AdWorkflowHost.exe file.  

Thanks so much

Carl T.

Message 6 of 17

Hi Carl,

The Inv-Showcase workflows are only fully supported if you install from the Product Design Suite installer, so if you have 2 separate installs for the products you likely have some missing functionality.

I'll send you some files off-line to see if you can get it to work without going through the pain of an uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks

Chirs

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 17

For about a quarter of a second I thought that we had succeed in getting the Inventor 2015 to Showcase 2015 work Suite to work for me. After I installed the files that you provided to me and I installed them in the directories where I thought they belonged.  I ran the Suit Inventor to Showcase exporter and for about a quarter of a second I got the Showcase Constraint Animation Workflow started, but then I received the Showcase Not Installed. Showcase is required for this workflow and does not appear to be installed.  The workflow cannot continue.  Error Box.  I reinstalled Showcase 2015 and still received the same errors.

I do not know what to do now.

Thanks for everything.

Yours truly,

Carl T.

Message 8 of 17

Carl,

I think at this stage, since the files/folders I provided didn't help, then you need to install Inventor & Showcase at the same time from the PrDS installer.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 17

ChrisMitchell01 wrote:

Carl,

I think at this stage, since the files/folders I provided didn't help, then you need to install Inventor & Showcase at the same time from the PrDS installer.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

now with the collection suites we are obliged to individually install the programs. how can I add "AdWorkfolowHost"

sorry for my bad english

Message 10 of 17

@massimo.leide

Welcome to the community...

Showcase is not part of the collection, so this automated workflow will not work.  It must be done manually by opening Showcase and then bringing in your Inventor information.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 17

Ok but in collection there is 3DMax.

Now, in 3dmax i can " import" file to inventor, but in inventor I can't use workflow.

The error is:

AdWorkflowHost is not found. Please check your synhub config file.

Message 12 of 17

@massimo.leide

Sorry I should've been more clearer in my reply...  Those automated workflows were developed for the products installed by Product Design Suite (and I think Factory Design Suite too).   In your case you don't have that suite so the workflows will not work.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 13 of 17

I do not understand. Moved on to 2016 Suite. Thanks anyhow. Yours truly Carl T.
Message 14 of 17
ohmp53
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Chris,

hello i have the student version of inventor as well as the student version of 3Ds max. i am wondering if you can help me out as well. I've been looking at the tips you gave to the others on this forum. in my C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy contains what i have attached as a picture. i dont have the AdWorkflowHost.exe (at least i cant find it). could you possibly help me out? thanks

pic.png

Message 15 of 17
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: ohmp53

The AdWorkflowHost.exe that's needed to execute the inter-product workflows only gets installed via the Suite installer; if you installed the individual products then you won't have all of the necessary files.

You should still be able to open Inventor data from Max, you just can't "push" data from inventor to max using the stream-lines workflows.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 17
ohmp53
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

okay. i get that same "AdWorkfolowHost is unknown" error, is Suite Workflows is pretty much useless for me? how can i import my 3Ds files to Inventor then? 

Message 17 of 17
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: ohmp53

The workflow is to get Inventor data into Max not the other way round. To get Max data into Inventor you would need to export it as a format which Inventor can read. Depending on exactly what your Max data consists of you might need to use step, iges, obj, or stl.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report