Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015- Stress Analysis- Simulation Error: "Error Processing The Mesh"

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
mohamed.khayzuran
3293 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor 2015- Stress Analysis- Simulation Error: "Error Processing The Mesh"

Hi,

I made an assembly using Inventor Professional 2015.

The simulation processed successfully in the stress analysis.

I added the groove and fillet welds and tried to do the simulation again. Once I clicked on the "simulate" button, it showed me a warning message "one or more bodies which are thin being treated as solids", and once I clicked "Run", it started the simulation, then gave me an error message "Error processing the mesh" and did not completed the simulation.

Could you please help solving that.

Thanks,

Mohamed

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Have you installed the Service Pack and Updates?

Can you attach assembly here that exhibits this behavior?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 14

I installed the update #3 for service pack #1 now. Still the same warning and error. I am attaching the pictures.

As the soft file represents a company confidential information, could you please advise on a specific Email to send the assembly file to you not to be opened for public.

Thank you

Mohamed Khayzuran

Message 4 of 14

Hi,

Can you try the following workarounds:

1. Use "Find Thin Bodies" command to automatically convert thin bodies into midsurfaces. This will use shell formulation to simulate the thin bodies.

2. Change mesh density and check if the solve runs fine.

Error processing mesh typically happens when there are geometry related issues in the model and the mesh that goes to the solver may reflect some of these geometric issues.

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Burla
Sr. Principal Research Engineer
Message 5 of 14

Hi Ravi,

I performend the mentioned workaround. Still having the same error once simulate.

I emailed you the model assembly file. could you please advise.

Thank you,

Mohamed

Message 6 of 14
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: mohamed.khayzuran

This error usually happens with malformed geometry. Most likely:

Intersecting components. IE with an assembly there is overlap or two objects occupy the same space. To locate these issues use the "Analyze Interference" Tool that is located under the 'Inspect' Tab. This will highlight locations that suffer that issue. Simply adjust the geometry or constraints to insure they only touch on the surface or not at all.

If that is not the case, there are some other possibilities but would require access to the assembly/part files to troubleshoot (if possible).

Message 7 of 14

Thank you Ravi fro keeping searching for the solution.

Is there any apdate,

Many thanks,

Mohamed

Message 8 of 14

Hi Mohamed,

Apologies for the delay, I am still looking into it.

Thanks,
Ravi Burla

Ravi Burla
Message 9 of 14

Thanks Ravi,

This issue was solved once I downloaded the 2016 Inventor as per your advice.

Message 10 of 14

Thanks for the update Mohamed. I am glad that you were able to upgrade to 2016 and that solved the issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

Ravi Burla
Message 11 of 14
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: raviburla

hi Ravi, are you able to quickly mention why 2016 was able to deal with the geometry issues?
best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 12 of 14
raviburla
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Hi Mark,

We are continually improving our geometry/meshing/solver engines. We identified few issues based on customer feedback, internal testing and newsgroup issues and addressed/addressing them in our development cycles. In this particular case, I believe the issue was with generating a mesh where the nodal and edge connectivities were not consistent and was fixed during the 2016 development.

Thanks,

Ravi Burla

Ravi Burla
Message 13 of 14
Mark_Wigan

Ravi that is very good news. thanks again.
best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 14 of 14
The_Angry_Elf

Ravi,

I have a client that is experiencing the same exact issues but he is on Inventor 2016. The only issue I can think of is that he's running on Win 10.

I've suggested he attempt to run the same but on a station that is not running Win 10 to see if he gets better results. I will update here as I find anything out, but if you happen to know that Win 10 could be causing this, please post.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report