Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Slow in View Placement, Scaling

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
fspialek
2026 Views, 15 Replies

Inventor 2015 Slow in View Placement, Scaling

I recently started using Inventor 2015 and with the latest update I noticed a drastic change. When I place a view into a sheet and type in the scale I want, everything seems to freeze. I switched to the bounding box preview, but that has not made a difference. Inventor wants to recalculate the view with the first number I enter. e.g.- I enter 1/100 but it starts recalculating at 1/1 Then, when it finally unfreezes and lets me enter the rest of the numbers in, I sometimes find views already placed at larger scales than what I need. I can place the one I want and then go and delete the other views that were somehow placed, but this is getting to be a nuisance. Before I never had to wait when adjusting the scale of a view. It took a minute at most on a large assembly. Now I find myself waiting 5 minutes for the whole process of placing a single view. Is anyone else having this problem or know whether it is something that can be fixed from the user end?
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
salariua
in reply to: fspialek

Yes, there are some of us having this issue. Move your design data to a local path rather than on the netework.

Is that any better?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 16
stephenson513

I am having the same issue, waiting 5 min or more just to place a view. Extremely frustrating. cant even move the view placement around afterwards because it takes to long to do. Everything is local on my side
Message 4 of 16

Right now all you can do is to ensure that the Inventor.adsklib file under ..\Design Data\Materials folder is on a local disk & switch to using Bounding Box for your view previews (from Tools Application Options, Drawing tab).

A fix for this is in process for potential inclusion in SP1 Update1, (early November).

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 16

Thank you. lets hope you guys get it sorted.Smiley Frustrated Cant get any work done right now!

Do you think the drawings will be fixed when it comes to colours updating and view positions updating. I always have to go to the drawing and click on every view that needs to be updated, change one of the settings and click ok and then change one of the settings back to how I want it, then it updates.

Message 6 of 16

I just switched to bounding box, its quicker to load to the point where the box shows up and I can move it but then once I click to place it down then it hangs forever!!!

Message 7 of 16
fspialek
in reply to: stephenson513

stephenson513: I know this sounds a little elementary, but in the view placement setup window do you select a different design view than Master? If so, do you check the box that says Associative?
Message 8 of 16
stephenson513

its usually on or off depending on what I need but look at this picture, you will see the panel has a grey base but it should be black like it is in most of the other drawings ( associative is on ). However the section view shows that the base is black.

Message 9 of 16

I add a lille issue that i think is connected to the others.

Putting inventor content center library files (.idcl files) on a network path make the model update very slow.

No vault installed, but the need to share customized CC Library.

Moving the same files to a local path make everithing work correclty

Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
Jayton

I have installed the new update and am still having the issue. Any thoughts?

Message 11 of 16
SBix26
in reply to: Jayton

The update did fix the issue for us, though with one exception-- if I change to a project with a different material/appearance library location (without re-starting Inventor), it still becomes impossibly slow to place an assembly view.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 12 of 16
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Sam,

Good to hear that you're seeing benefit when working with your initial networked Design Data.

Would you be able to provide me with your actual project ipj files as well as the respective referenced Material/Appearance libraries so that we can reproduce the issue seen when changing projects? That shouldn't be an issue now...(chris.mitchell@autodesk.com)

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 16
finnurp
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I recently installed Inventor 2015 (just Inventor - no Suite) Also installed SP1 and Update 1 for Sp1.

It is still extremly slow in creating views. It gets back to normal when the network cable is unplugged.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Finnur P.

Finnur P.
AutoCAD
PD&M Collection
Message 14 of 16
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: finnurp

The problem Sam Bixler raised below was due to 2 copies of the same adsklib file being referenced in the 2 ipj files. Inventor doesn't support copying the same adsklib file at the OS level & then loading them both at the same time, (albeit in this case during the interim of changing projects).

Finnur - can you share any details about how you have your Inventor project configured with Design Data, Templates, Libraries, Material/Appearance libraries, network/local data, vault etc ?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 16
finnurp
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Thanks Chris,

I had already figured out that it had to do with the project file. The customer had an extra library with all the RAL colours and that library was not where the project file said it should be. Problem solved

Thankls

Finnur P.

Finnur P.
AutoCAD
PD&M Collection
Message 16 of 16

I used to do what you described. Then a collegue showed me to check the Chain box just above the Design-view List.

No more back and forthing!

@stephenson513 wrote:

Thank you. lets hope you guys get it sorted.Smiley Frustrated Cant get any work done right now!

Do you think the drawings will be fixed when it comes to colours updating and view positions updating. I always have to go to the drawing and click on every view that needs to be updated, change one of the settings and click ok and then change one of the settings back to how I want it, then it updates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report