Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015, should I install?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
KevinPinks7697
633 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2015, should I install?

Just wondering how people are finding Inventor 2015? Is it "buggy"? Should I stay with 2013 for now?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
m.granata
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Product Design Suite Premium 2014 to Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015.  I performed a clean unistall of Product Design Suite Premium 2014 following a document Autodesk has describing file folders and registry keys to manually delete.  To date I've logged a about hundred hours with Inventor Professional 2015 and only a few hours with AutoCAD 2015.  So far, with my work, Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 is running faster and more fluid than any prior Product Design Suite I've used, including the 2013 version.  I haven't had any glitches, hang-ups, or crashes with Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015.

Best Regards,

Mike

Message 3 of 9

I like the sound of your results so far. But Inventor is only half the problem. Are you using Vault? How is it behaving?

I'm still on 2013 and upgrading to 2014 PrDSP in June. As I work for a manufacturing company I have a policy of not using the latest version until SP1 is released. I'm way behind on 2014 but the timing just wasn't right 🙂

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 4 of 9

If you have it ...test it ..

I've heard of a few issues, but nothing crazy... crashing every other command.

Don't migrate etc everything over.

See if you meet all the requirements. I know my former work needs to update their Microsoft Office as most of the designers have Office 2007, which isn't compatible with 2015.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
m.granata
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

Hi,

I run office 2007 and haven't noticed any issues.  I've seen that comment in another post here and also a document from Autodesk indicating Office 2007 is compatible with the 2015 Product Design Suites.

Best Regards,

Mike

Message 6 of 9
mdavis22569
in reply to: m.granata

Mike, Are you using Vault too?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
m.granata
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi,

I am not using Vault.  I am self employed and have not needed Vault to manage project files.  Is that where the Office 2007 and Inventor 2015 issues are?

Best Regards,

Mike

Message 8 of 9

I was looking at what someone said about Office 2007, and it being fine for Inventor .. Then I saw where it said you need 2010 min' for Vault. Think Autodesk might need to clarify that for everyone. I like 2015. Like any new software upgrade, there will be hiccups. Just how often is the question. I haven't have many problems with it. However some of those could be my error causing it.
Michael Davis
Charlotte, NC

Work ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit ~ i7 20gb
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700

Home ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit i7 - 16gb
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
240g Kingston HyperX SSD
Message 9 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: michaeldavis7418

The office 2010+ requirement was supposedly a "goof" they have updated the system requirements to call out 2007+.. (not sure about vault though but I'd suspect thats a goof too)

I've been running 2015 for a few weeks now with only small issues. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report