Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 says it is already installed, tried everything

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jimtore2k
1243 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2015 says it is already installed, tried everything

Hi!

I am just done going through the WHOLE registry searching for Autodesk and Inventor, deleting every instance of it, running CCleaner to fix any broken links. I have just DLed the whole package, as people said that was better than to install it by the internet thingy.

It still stays it is installed, I have an Inventor hand-in for Sunday that I can't miss, and this is getting frustrated, because there is no sign of Inventor on my computer AT ALL. Tried as 30-day trial as well, to see if it got my serial and key or something, but it was the same there, so it is not linked to my user directly.

What does it want from me? I have serached through 3TB of disk, the registry, I have searched the internet, everything, NOTHING is to be found.

Tried the Microsoft tool for removing things like this, but it was useless, as I need a 38-digit product code to find it at all, which is kinda hard when I can't find one on the internet, and it isn't in the list of installed programs, obviously, since I have uninstalled it.

Fast help is really appreciated!

Jim

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: jimtore2k

just wondering, are you administrator on that user profile?

also maybe your user profile is corrupted. try making a new user as admin, and log in as him, try to install.

if you have the package already downloaded, disconnect from internet, turn off virus software, turn off UAC, reboot, make sure disconnected from internet & try to install inventor.

let us know what happens ok.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 8
jimtore2k
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

I found ONE key in my last attempt before doing anything drastic (reinstalling Windows, as that would mean loads of work with 2 years of constant use). One key in the registry, going to a key I had found earlier that I had forgotten about, probably one of those 38-digit keys that the Microsoft tool wanted. Deleted it and ran CCleaner again, and it worked.

I couldn't get some of the small programs in, but as a 1st year student I just need the basic Inventor for now 🙂

Cheers all 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Mark_Wigan

ok thanks for the update. good luck on your assignment.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 5 of 8
omoikane

What is the key that you found? I am trying to uninstall Inventor Pro 2015 also so I can clean reinstall.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
jimtore2k
in reply to: omoikane

It was the 36-character or something key that the Microsoft removal tool wanted so it could remove any occurences of the same key in the registry. I found it when searching for AutoDesk or Inventor somehow, in the registry. Just as easy to search manually if you first find a key, by using that instead of AutoDesk or Inventor as search term.

Message 7 of 8
daniel.walowski

If you have problem with install or uninstall some software, you can use a Microsoft Fixit Program. I've included a link to Microsoft, where you can download this tool.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall
Message 8 of 8
richyrich0000

Hi there I'm having exactly the same problem, need the 30 day trial to finish college work and keeps coming up already installed, I've tried all of the above, any ideas, I have 30 day trial of autocad, but that shouldn't
Matter should it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report