Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 - Ray Trace Images Faded

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
p.richardson
1102 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2015 - Ray Trace Images Faded

I have noticed on Inventor 2015 the ray traced images look faded / less defined than Inventor 2014.

look at the red on the tool and yellow component on the two attached files.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
-niels-
in reply to: p.richardson

Welcome to the forum!

You are right about the color difference in the two images you posted, but is it really a problem?

A lot of things were done to the raytracing for inventor 2015 because of problems reported in IV2014.
So a little difference with the standard settings isn't that unimaginable.

Like most things rendering/graphic related; if it doesn't look the way you want, tweak it.
Have you tried editing the colors, or the lighting environment?
More light/different light color, etc. all could have a great effect on how it renders.

Nice images btw, would've been a nice addition to the friday pictures topic!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 6
p.richardson
in reply to: -niels-

we have tried altering the colour of the material and tried different material apperances.

we are mid way through producing literature using the graphics and the difference is too noticable to ignore.

Message 4 of 6

Hi p.richardson,

If you can't make adjustments in Inventor, you might consider making some "post process" adjustments to the images in a photo editor (such as Photoshop).

Here is a quick example. The top two images are your originals, with my adjusted version on the bottom. I adjusted the Saturation, Brightness, and Contrast, to more closely match the older image. I only spent a minute messing with it, but I'm pretty sure you could get a nearly exact match using a photo editor without too much effort.

As for any adjustments within in Inventor to get the images to match the old results, I'm afraid that I'm not much help there. But maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Raytrace Fade Adjust.png

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: p.richardson

@Anonymous wrote:

we have tried altering the colour of the material and tried different material apperances.

we are mid way through producing literature using the graphics and the difference is too noticable to ignore.

I feel your pain.. same situation happened to me.. Took me HOURS to get it even "similar" and I just didn't have the time to keep going..

We had to "live with it" and adjust in photoshop as stated by curtis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
p.richardson
in reply to: mcgyvr

we dont realy have time to adjust images after ray tracing.

it may be an option for 1-off images. we are in the middle of producing many images over a period of months (half way through)

thankyou for your response though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report