Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Open Dialog Freezes as File Type Changes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
osakakt
469 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2015 Open Dialog Freezes as File Type Changes

Hello,

Open dialog box in Inventor 2015 freezes when I change the file type to be displayed. For instance, if I want to open a STEP file, I would change the "File of Type:" dropdown menu. After selecting the file type, the software freezes. The program becomes unresponsive, 25% usage on CPU, and need to force quit from the task manager. Most of the time, I can get around this by creating a new drawing and drag and drop the model.

Any help is appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
salariua
in reply to: osakakt

Instead of changing the file type in the open dialog jus type * in the File Name above it. It should show all files no matter of the file format. If you then select a file that's importable in Inventor you get the Options active at the bottom next to open.

make sure that it's not on a slow network or that the anti-virus is not interfering.

4.jpg

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue

The behavior does not sound right to me. What Windows version are you on? Have you apply Inventor 2015 SP1? Could you try a few things and see if it makes a difference?

1) Start up Inventor and go to Tools -> Add-Ins -> Translator tab. What is the status of each Translator Add-In?

2) Close Inventor. Right-click on Inventor shortcut -> Run as Admin. Then try the workflow. Does it work?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

Is anyone else in your department seeing this same issue with the same files?

Does this happen only with imported files, some imported files or all imported files.  Are you seeing this when you change the files type to some inventor file extension (i.e. .ipt to .iam or to .idw only)

Do you have all of the latest SP's and hotfixes loaded?  What are your system specs?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report