Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 New Parts List?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hagiographa
789 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2015 New Parts List?

I have taken a while to upgrade to Inventor 2015.  I have tried to import some Parts List Styles into my drawing template, but they can not be selected when I try to place a 'Parts List - Table'.

I get a Russian? parts list that I'm having trouble understanding.  I think it has the assembly on row 4, and the part on row 10,  and a lot of blank rows.  Is this right?  (refer attachment)

I'm very used to how the Parts List used to work, and this seems like a step backwards.

I thought the only new thing in 'Parts List' was supposed to be the Auto-sort. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
-niels-
in reply to: hagiographa

I don't recall any large changes to parts lists, the GOST list you are seeing is making me think it might be something in your styles.

Are your "object defaults" set correctly?
Maybe the "parts list" entry there is linked to an incorrect style...

Also, you're saying you tried to import them...
Where are you importing them from?
Can you share that file?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 3
hagiographa
in reply to: -niels-

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.  I had a look my 'object defaults', and they were all good.

I have tried all the default drawing templates: ANSI, BSI, DIN, GB, GOST, ISO & JIS - and they all did the same thing when I tried to insert a parts list.  It didn't have anything to do with my custom Style and Standard.

I noticed that my 'Annotate' tab read 'Annotate (ESKD)'.  The ESKD add-in was overriding other standards with GOST.  I did a quick search and found how to disable it from add-ins.

For anyone else having the same issue, you can follow the steps here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/vhelp/help-dev-autodesk-com/v/Inventor/enu/2012/Hel...

That fixed my problem Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report