Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 keeps crashing...

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
timothyh15108892
4635 Views, 16 Replies

Inventor 2015 keeps crashing...

Hi all,

It's been a frustrating experience using Inventor 2015. I am using Inventor 2015 to create asembly file for VEX robotics. The app just keeps crashing on me. Reinstalled multiple times (all clean installations). The app crashes on 2 conditions
1) 2 minutes upon starting of the program. If it didn't crash then,

2) Crash when there is a high load. It first freezes (usually during constraints) then crashes entirely

Sometimes the error reports pop up. In which I send the report off. Sometimes the error reporting service doesn't even appear. Please help I have sent many error reports but my problem is still occurring.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

My most recent error report #: 100739209

Message 3 of 17

Hi timothyh15108892,

Here are a few questions/suggestions.

• Can you provide some more details about your system specs, etc.?

The DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe) is designed to help you troubleshoot DirectX-related issues. This tool gives detailed information regarding your computers graphics and other system information. It can be a valuable tool in determining hardware specifications.

See this link for a PDF showing how to generate a DirectX Diagnostic report:
http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/78/498999/1/1%20Requesting%20DxDiag%20Infor...

• Have you installed the Inventor 2015 Updates and Hotfixes ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?cg=Downloads&p=Inventor%20Product...

• Have you tried running going to the Tools tab > Application Options > Hardware tab, and select the setting to use the Software Graphics. Then close and re-open the file to let Inventor, in order to rule out graphics card issues:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/graphics-issues-application-options.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 17

Below is the dropbox link to my DxDiag file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gonry9k79y2qdds/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

I've installed Service Pack 2 for Inventor. No other Hotfixes as none of the seems to address Inventor crashes.

I will try software acceleration for now thanks!
Message 5 of 17

Hi! The link is no longer valid. I did not see any file there. Could you post it here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 17

Timothy,

On first blush I would suspect your video driver is out of date.

I would like to have you create the following two reports off of one of the computers that is experiencing the issue:
Inventor Diagnostics
Microsoft DxDiag

I have attached two PDFs to assist you if needed.

Please attach of of these TXT file to this forum thread.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 17

Hi! I have located the crash report you submitted. The crash seems to happen on the system level (Windows: dxgi.dll). The call stack indicates something related to graphics but I am not 100% certain. Could you do a quick test for me?

Start up Inventor and go to Tools -> Application Options -> Hardware -> check Software Graphics option -> OK. Then open the assembly from Dropbox. Does it still crash? If yes, try changing it to "Conservative mode" in Hardware tab. Let me know what you find out.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 17

I use the latest Geforce GTX drivers though... 😞
Message 9 of 17

As a matter of fact, enabling software acceleration does stop the crashing. However, what problem could be with the graphics card? I have my Titan Black over clocked when gaming but set it to default clocks for workstation apps such as inventor. Software acceleration doesn't cut it because the program is just too laggy to be of productive use.
Message 10 of 17

I have had this happen as well it works for about 20 sec. I have uninstalled and re-installed about 5 times with no luck.
Message 11 of 17
mdavis22569
in reply to: LUCAS2005

make sure you have it all updated ... Patches and hotfixes

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads?release=2015

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
JDMather
in reply to: LUCAS2005

@LUCAS2005 wrote:
... I have uninstalled and re-installed about 5 times with no luck.

Uninstall/reinstall (especially more than once) is not the way to diagnose a problem.

You have not provided any useful information to solve the problem.

I have several questions - are you ready to answer them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 13 of 17
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I have several questions - are you ready to answer them?

I guess the answer to that would be, no!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 14 of 17
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: JDMather

LUCAS2005 - Thanks for sending in yor crash reports. You are crashing due to having an incorrect graphics driver installed. Please see this page:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Verify-...

If you have a laptop with an embedded intel GPU then you could also try disabling that, or from Inventor switch over to the Conservative mode or use the Software graphics option, (Application options, Hardware tab).

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 17

HI,

have same problem, always crach when opening the apps. just install to my pc.

is there any solution,

I attach my dx diag file as well.

thanks

Message 16 of 17

@filipimeank  I assume you have Inventor is 2015?   One thing I noticed you have an intel i3..   System requirements calls for I7 core but I know users who having it running on an I5.   Is there any customer error report dialog when it crashes?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 17 of 17
johnsonshiue
in reply to: filipimeank

Hi! Are you able to start up Inventor? If yes, could you try changing Hardware option? Go to Tools -> Application Options -> Hardware -> change it to Compatibility mode -> OK. Does it still crash.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report