Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Improperly Rendering Custom 2013 Appearances

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jjenkins87
519 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2015 Improperly Rendering Custom 2013 Appearances

After upgrading to Inventor 2015, some of the textures (appearances) in drawings created with an earlier version of Inventor (2013) do not render properly. I've tried doing a number of things to force a "refresh" of the drawing views but nothing has worked. To complicate matters further, I can open the drawing in Inventor Viewer and it renders just fine. However, when I open the drawing in Inventor for editing, some surfaces contain the wrong texture or a  pixelated, two-dimensional representation of the original texture. Please see the attached images for an example.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jjenkins87
in reply to: jjenkins87

Message 3 of 6
mdavis22569

How was the migrationg from 2013 to 15 done?

You may have to go in and redo the material

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
jjenkins87
in reply to: mdavis22569

Changing the appearance in the model is not changing the appearance in the drawing. I could create, modify, and remove materials from my libraries and it would have absolutely no affect on the drawing view as things currently stand. It's as if the link between the drawing view and the model is broken.

Message 5 of 6
4donwan4

Not sure if you are looking at a corrupt file. There is an associative setting on the view itself has gotten turned off. If you can create a new IDW or DWG file from scratch and place the view correctly it would determine this. You can also try deleting the view from the file and replacing it to see if it changes.

Regards,

Don

Message 6 of 6
jjenkins87
in reply to: 4donwan4

Yes, I tried this and it does display properly. However, there are way too many annotations and sketches on that particular view for me to even consider reworking it from scratch. I'll have to settle with an appearance override in the .ipn file I placed the view from. Thanks for your help though. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report