Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 hangs on splash screen

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
dominiek_vanwest
2065 Views, 17 Replies

Inventor 2015 hangs on splash screen

Hi,

At our company we (4 users) all have the same problem (we all work on a standalone version).

Inventor 2015 doesn't load immediately when we start it, it hangs. Then we need to kill the process and try again. Sometimes we need to do this 5 times or more.

It hangs somewhere between 130.000-140.000kB. Only when I see the dllhost.exe process (in Task Manager) appear, Inventor starts.... (after that dllhost.exe disappears again)

What's the problem here and how can we solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Dominiek

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
mcgyvr
in reply to: dominiek_vanwest

Did you just load Inventor? or is this something new and it was working fine?

Computer information? 

Do you have admin rights? or tried to log on as an admin and open the program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 18
dominiek_vanwest
in reply to: mcgyvr

It is like this since we installed Inventor. And for all the users. All have admin rights.

Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro 600

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Message 5 of 18
dominiek_vanwest
in reply to: Anonymous

John,

This has nothing to do with my problem... so can't use those methods, myhome is even checked off.

My problem is with the splash screen on loading, not the white screen from myhome.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

Message 7 of 18
dominiek_vanwest

We us Panda and we are not able to shut it down temporarily or add Inventor to a list of safe programs.

I have been looking around but couldn't find anything on how to solve this.

Anyone has an idea?

Message 8 of 18

You may want to run the Inventor Reset utility:  http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 18

Hi,

I haven't tried that yet as I believe it might be something to do with hardware, as everyone suffers with the same problem.

Can someone from Autodesk explain what happens as it's stuck for everyone at the same moment (between 130.000 and 140.000 kB memory, not always at the same amount of memory!, and before dllhost.exe is loaded). I'd like to know this before I do anything else (making a new user account is something I like to avoid, especially when you're not sure that helps)

Thanks in advance.

Message 10 of 18

Dominiek,

Can you please confirm that the following regirstry value is 0:

If Inventor won't start at all, to even do this, you can run regedit & change ShowWelcomeScreen" to 0 under

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File]

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 11 of 18

Hi Bob,

I can confirm that value is 0.

Message 12 of 18

doniniek,

Please use the Add-in Manager to turn all of your addins to NOT Autoload and let me know it it with then start.

The Add-in Manager can be found at:

Start -> All Programs -> Autodesk -> Autodesk Inventor 2015 -> Tools -> Add-in Manager

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 13 of 18

We are currently testing this. We turned off all Add-Ins and we don't have problems anymore.

We will try and turn on 1 Add-In at a time and try a couple of times (days) to see which Add-In causes the problem. It could take a while to try all Add-Ins but I'll keep you updated when we find the problem.

Message 14 of 18
jyager

I'm having this issue with Professional 2015. It hangs on the splash screen, but if I double click the Inventor icon a second time it WILL open a second working instance of Inventor on top of the hung up one. The hung up one doesn't even show up in task manager.

If I start turing off add-ins like content center and tube and pipe, are there issues with loading them in once/if that's the fix to getting past the splash screen? Could that even be a fix if I am able to get into the program by opening a second instance?

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2023.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: jyager

What other programs do you have running when you start Inventor?
I have had intermittent problems with Outlook running and causing Inventor to hang.
Message 16 of 18
jyager

Nothing. Ive restarted and tried opening with nothing else open, same thing.

First attempt hangs, second attempt opens with the hung one in the background.

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2023.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

You can load and unload from the Add-In Manager.
Message 18 of 18
bob_holland

Jason,

Can you please check john's reference of:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/can-t-use-inventor-2015/m-p/4954220

to make sure that this is not the issue.

I also notice in your signature that you have not installed SP1 or Update 1 for SP1:

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Service Pack 1
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...
Update 1 for Inventor 2015 SP1
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-1-fo...

Please send us an update after you have checked this information.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums