Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Freezes when checking in part

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
mgreen03
2333 Views, 16 Replies

Inventor 2015 Freezes when checking in part

When I try to check-in a part, assembly, or drawing from Inventor 2015to Vault, a dialog box flashes real fast and the program freezes.  It must be shut down from the task manager. File is not added to the vault.

I think it may have something to do with trying to generate the DWF file, but not sure how to fix.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
salariua
in reply to: mgreen03

If you hit escape and it Inventor works again then you have a windows display problem. It tends to hide underneath main inventor window and it looks as if Inventor hangs.

I could only bring it over in task manager with bring to front. Try switching between windows with alt+tab and see if it shows up.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 17
mgreen03
in reply to: salariua

Yes, hitting ESC does work.  I guess the dialog box is hidden somewhere. It doesn't show in task manager though, so I can't bring to front.

Message 4 of 17
salariua

Right click on the taskbar and chose task manager or do a CTL+ALT+DEL to bring the task manager up

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 5 of 17
salariua

Have you got it to work? The first time I had this I waited an hour thinking that it was working in the background then I got tired of waiting and used escape. It then hit me that the window must have been underneath somewhere.

504.jpg

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 6 of 17
mgreen03

Still doesn't work. There must be a window hidden underneath, but when I bring Inventor to front, it is still hidden.
Message 7 of 17
salariua

How about Switch To?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 8 of 17
mgreen03

Still hidden.
Message 9 of 17
salariua

ALT+TAB didn't worked for me but have you tried it?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 10 of 17
mgreen03

That didn't work either.  Do you remember what the hidden window said when you brought it to the front?

Message 11 of 17
salariua

It was the check in window 🙂 try and click on the inventor window in the task bar a couple of time to minimze it and maximize it (sort of force it).

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 12 of 17
mgreen03

Found a temporary fix... Had to go to Vault Options and suppress the Check In dialog.  Now everything checks in without asking first.

Message 13 of 17
rthapa

I have the same problem with Inventor freezing when trying to check in .idw, .iam, .ipt or .ipn files. The same ESC key press releases Inventor but the file is never checked in.

I have suppressed the Check In Dialog in the Vault Basic Client Explorer but the problem still persists.

Anyone have a core solution to the hidden dialog box problem? I have 3 other staff who are not experiencing this problem. We just installed the Autodesk Design Suite Ultimate this past weekend and started using Inventor Pro 2015. Vault by itself is working just fine.

Message 14 of 17
rthapa
in reply to: rthapa

Ok, so I found the Vault Options icon in the Inventor Pro's Vault menu and suppressed the check in dialogues. That has solved the problem. I am still curious if Autodesk has an answer to what is causing this conflict and not displaying the check in dialogue box. Can this be related to using an uncertified video card? Or a video setting which is not fully compatible with Inventor Pro?

Message 15 of 17
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rthapa

It sounds like the Check in dialog is just off the screen.   Use the alt+spacebar method to bring it back onto the screen.

1.  Alt+spacebar

2.  M key (to move).

3.  right or left arrow key

4.  Move mouse.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 17
rthapa
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark.Lancaster,
You are correct. The dialog box was off the screen to the right side. I am using two monitors in extended view mode. Somehow it was off the right side of the right screen. So it is definitely not an Autodesk problem but a Windows Display problem.

Thank you so much for the solution.

Raj Thapa
Engineering Manager
Mendota Fireplaces
www.mendotahearth.com
319-365-5267 x 131
Message 17 of 17

THIS WORKED FOR ME! GENIUS!

I am using two monitors off a laptop dock.

The dialog box was off screen to the left. It would NOT pop up any other way. I tired task manager, alt+tab, Win+tab, minimize ect.

Great easy fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report