Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Content Center empty

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lvuvan
907 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2015 Content Center empty

I seem to be having the same problem as this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/inventor-content-center-empty/m-p/3875264/...

except that we've been using 2015 for some time now.  As far as I can recall, when we initially upgraded, the content center was functional, but we haven't needed to use it until now.

The content center libraries are all present and migrated on our Vault 2015 server, including our custom library.

We still have Inventor 2014 installed, and the odd thing is, with the same settings/project file/etc, Inventor 2014 seems to have no problem accessing the content center, while 2015 comes up empty:

options.png

cc.png

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: lvuvan

The behavior does seem odd. I would expect to see that 2014 fails to access the already migrated to 2015 CC Library. You seem to see the opposite. I could be wrong but I think if you want 2014 and 2015 to access the same CC Library, the CC files have to be readable by 2014 and 2015. Otherwise, 2014 will not be able to access 2015 CC Library.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
lvuvan
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Would a failure to migrate the libraries properly to 2015 format on the Vault server be consistent with this?  I only need Inventor 2015 to be able to access the library.  Having 2014 and 2015 be able to access is not a concern, just that the library is in the same location (Vault server), and should be the same (ostensibly migrated) files.

Does the 2015 content center have to be explicitly installed separately?  How would I bring our custom library over then?

Message 4 of 4
lvuvan
in reply to: lvuvan

This has been resolved, it did appear to be a migration issue on our Vault server.  Once it was copied over, Inventor prompted the custom library migration when I went into the content center editor.  Everything seems to be functioning as normal now, 2014 can't access the properly migrated CC, 2015 works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report