Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 2015 content center empty

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
Anonymous
1938 Views, 38 Replies

inventor 2015 content center empty

Hey guys! i just downloaded inventor 2015 and i noticed that my content center was empty. I went ahead and downloaded the files i needed off of autodesks website. in extracted the files and fallowed the wizard, but when i still go to add a bolt or fitting, it still says there is nothing in my CC. All my boxes are checked off under projects but it says they are not avalible(see attachment). Can somebody please tell me what to do I really need help, Thanks!

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: Anonymous

Thomas,

If you notice, those folders are actually compressed folders, you still need to extract the files that reside inside those. That's most likely why they are not showing up yet. You downloaded the files but they haven't been extracted yet.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

I am using windos 7.How would I extract the files? just right-click and hit extract??

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous

And what where should I extract the files to?

Message 24 of 39
blair

To the directory shown in the last post with picture that I posted, this is the default location for Win7

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

This is where my files are right now. There in the CC under R2015. so i extract the hilighted ones? my computer doesn't have the same file location as you where you told me to extract them to. Please walk me through this step by step i'm really confused, thanks

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous

Ok guys, I put in the file location and I got some of it to work. I also extracted the files to the same location you posted earlier. The only thing that isn't working is when I got to add a bolt, there is nothing choose from but the library does show up(some progress:)). Also nothing is there when I go to add a fitting, but the frame generator does now work. I'm not sure why its not working because I extracted the files to the content center file location. Anybody know what is wrong...Allmost there!!!

Message 27 of 39
ampster401

@joflaherty wrote:

If you didn't specify where the CC files where to go during installation, they'll be in the default location shown in my picture.

Jim, don't get me wrong here but I believe the OP is referring to the other location where CC files are located, not the location you are specifying.

Message 28 of 39
ampster401

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok guys, I put in the file location and I got some of it to work. I also extracted the files to the same location you posted earlier. The only thing that isn't working is when I got to add a bolt, there is nothing choose from but the library does show up(some progress:)). Also nothing is there when I go to add a fitting, but the frame generator does now work. I'm not sure why its not working because I extracted the files to the content center file location. Anybody know what is wrong...Allmost there!!!

Stop here...the files you have are the remote content files...someone needs to provide instructions on how to extract .idcl files from .mdf files if it is possible.  If not, we all are wasting our time.

Message 29 of 39
SBix26

Run your installer again, and select only the Content Center-- this installs the desktop content libraries.  They are not included in the Inventor installation.  At least that's how it works with the Product Design Suite.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 30 of 39
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: ampster401

ampster,

Yes, I have to agree. When I posted that I didn't realize there is a different file location for the defaults between Win 7 and Win 8.1.

Blair's post raised that flag when I saw his default location. I was unaware the OP was on Win 7 as well.

There's multiple issues going on here that has the OP and many others here confused.

I'm not sure if he changed the default directory during original install or what. Two, it seems he's attempting still to load the Remote CC files as opposed to the Desktop CC files. He doesn't use  a remote server, everything is on his local drive so I have no idea why he's doing such.

OP, if you read this, please stop what you are doing and call your reseller.

It might be best served if you do a complete uninstall and then reinstall the product from scratch with the help of a professional.

Who is your reseller BTW? Are you on Subscription? Do you have any Flextime hour credits?

Contact me directly if need be.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 31 of 39
ampster401

not sure if the paths are different between Win7 and Win8/8.1, but the location you were referring to Jim is where the CC files are located *after* they have been created.

The OP appears to be interested in the other path/location, where the CC data resides before it get's placed into a model.

For the OP, the easiest way to solve this right now is to obtain the install media that was used to originally install Inventor and restart the install process.  When you get to the screen asking to repair, install or install tools and utilities, then you need to go into the install tools and utilities options. 

However at this point I am stuck as well because I was just in there and the only option I had to install any portion of the CC libraries was to use the Remote Content link provided on that screen.

That takes you back to where you downloaded the files from and we're all still stuck on that step...how to obtain the correct Desktop Content files (*.idcl) and get them located where Inventor expects to find them.  This assumes you have not installed a Vault server locally on your pc.

I'm currently in the process of installing the Vault Server and hoping to see where the Remote Content files end up - keeping fingers crossed I'll find those pesky *.idcl files.

Message 32 of 39
ampster401

I think I'll pass on the rest of the *fun* here  LOL

Got a Vault Server setup and running.  Removed the OTHER .idcl file for this test.  Migrated the OTHER Remote Content library that I downloaded and extracted within the Vault admin software and added myself as a Vault user.

I then launched Inv 2015 and set it to use the Vault server for CC parts.

Started a new assy file and started insert CC command, logged into the Vault server and finally am able to see that the CC only contains the OTHER library I just added.

Now it dawns on me that the actual OTHER library probably resides in a sql database and going by what I remember about using Windows Explorer to browse those databases, I'll pass on that Thank You.

OP, not sure where to go with this.  If the install media doesn't have access to the Desktop Content option/files, I don't know what to do at this point.

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

I already did re-install the CC seperatly after I installed Inventor

Message 34 of 39
ampster401

@Anonymous wrote:

I already did re-install the CC seperatly after I installed Inventor

Let's start here then.

Browse to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Content Center\Libraries

In that folder, you should have a bunch of *.idcl files, nothing else.

If you do not have any .idcl files there, what method did you use to reinstall the CC libraries?  The route you are taking will not work with the files you downloaded from the Internet.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous

Yes all of my files are there. Here look at the attachment. Is that what is supposed to be there?

Message 36 of 39
blair

Look at my post dated: 12-10-2014 03:36PM

then look at this: https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/4ceb3c02-0d2e-40dc-84e4-0f41f0bafa8c

you will need to set your Project file to use the CC libraries

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous

Blair,

My project is already set up to use those files and all of my boxes are checked off. My computer says that all of the files are there(parker etc...), but when i try to add a fitting in say tube and pipe and i go under that files, it says that the folder is empty. All if the file types are correct as well so I don't know what the problem is.

Message 38 of 39
blair

You best bet would be to use the ScreenCast from Autodesk, it's free and we can see what you are doing and whats going on with/on your system. This should be a simple install and use and not over 4 web pages of postings.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 39 of 39
Anonymous

fine bro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report